Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Analyst, CompensationApply Now Apply Later Job ID 621773BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Dec. 20, 2018
Job Summary:As part of the Direct to Consumer and International (DTCI) Compensation team, the Sr. Compensation Analyst assists in the implementation and administration of compensation programs such as salaries, short and long-term incentives, job evaluations, and salary surveys that support the company’s business strategy. The Sr. Compensation Analyst also collaborates with compensation peers in each of the business segments on the implementation of centralized, harmonized, and seamless compensation support for functional organizations that span across all business segments.
- Conduct compensation benchmark assessments; actively seek market intelligence and industry-specific data to inform appropriate solutions for assigned clients
- Evaluate, level, and determine the market value for new and existing jobs
- Provide analytical support in the development of compensation proposals for newly promoted and newly hired employees (both executive and non-executive)
- Assist in the set-up, delivery and support of the annual merit increase, bonus, and long-term incentive program and communication for assigned clients
- Assist in applying and maintaining salary structures and hiring ranges
- Conduct ad hoc compensation analyses and projects
- Participate in industry market surveys
- 5+ years compensation experience
- Solid understanding of compensation practices and trends, with emphasis on technology roles
- Strong written, verbal, and graphic communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to varying audiences
- Ability to understand and relate to multiple stakeholders
- Exceptional quantitative skills with a commitment to accuracy and details
- Advanced Excel knowledge; SAP, Success Factors, Cognos and Access experience a plus
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple assignments
- Ability to work in a flexible, often ambiguous environment
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred
- Bachelor’s degree - Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Human Resources, or Business degree preferred; or equivalent work experience
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Operations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Operations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.