Senior Data Engineer, Backend – Ad Platform BI
Bristol, Connecticut, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 963293BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 27, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
Job Summary:Using the latest cloud database technologies, the Sr. Data Engineer will design multiple data initiatives applying innovative architecture that will eventually scale to the cloud. You will work to future-proof the Enterprise Data Warehouse to support BI/Analytics for the Linear Ad Sales Unified Platform. In addition, you will design best-practice solutions to share and absorb linear and non-linear Ad Sales data from other departments. You will be architecting the different stages of the data pipeline, including acquisition, integration, ODS, and Real Time data marts. You will leverage CDC and utilize data integration tools such as Qlik Replicate, Informatica, SAP Data Services, Oracle GoldenGate, to deliver real time data for the Ad Sales BI initiative. You will advise and guide senior engineers, scrum teams and the COE to deliver data through an Agile philosophy.
We are looking for a creative and talented individual who has mastered scalable platforms which scale at peta-byte level and extract value from both structured and unstructured real-time data. Specifically, we are looking for a technology expert with proven experience on highly scalable and extensible data platform which enables collection, storage, modeling, and analysis of massive data sets from numerous channels. You must be self-driven to continuously evaluate new technologies, innovate and deliver solutions for business-critical applications with little to no oversight from management team. You must also evangelize successful technical patterns across the company and educate your team members in order to develop highly motivated and skilled data engineers.
- The Sr. Data Engineer will help develop the next generation of enterprise data warehouses (EDW) to deliver batch and real time data for analytics and reporting capabilities to the Linear Ad Sales business unit.
- Design and implement the different stages of the EDW data pipeline, using tools such as Qlik Replicate, Informatica, Oracle ExaCC Exadata, SAP Data Services, Oracle GoldenGate, Oracle BigData Extension, and Kalido DIW
- Experience developing with a mix of languages (Java, Python, SQL, etc.) and frameworks to implement data processing pipelines.
- Experience with real-time and scalable systems development using Kafka, Apache Flink or Kafka Streams.
- Experience building robust and scalable data integration (ETL) pipelines using SQL, Python and Spark.
- Have a technology toolbox – Hands on experience with newer technologies relevant to the data space such as Kafka, Spark, and Snowflake. You'll have plenty of experience with developing in a cloud native environment with many different technologies.
- Problem solver – Enjoy new and meaningful technology or business challenges which require you to think and respond quickly.
- Passion and creativity – Are passionate about data, technology, & creative innovation.
- Media Ad Sales in Linear & Digital experience preferred
- Experience with Qlik Replicate
- Experience with AWS, Azure, Kafka, Snowflake, Airflow or other cloud technologies
- Bachelor’s degree or better in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent job experience.
- Experience with open-source tools such as Kafka, Flink, Spark, and Kubernetes.
- Experience working in AWS cloud environment.
- Prior experience building scalable platforms – handling large scale data, operationalizing clusters in cloud environment.
- Practical Knowledge of Linux or Unix shell scripting.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Proficiency with agile development methodologies shipping features every two weeks.
- 5+ years as a Sr. Data Engineer or Data Engineer Architect.
- 5+ years of experience working with SQL Server, Redshift, Aurora, Oracle and Snowflake databases or similar technologies
- At least 5+ years development experience in a data warehousing/ Data Mart or big data environment
- At least 3+ years with data warehouse / Data Mart design experience
- Experience with PL/SQL, SQL, database performance Tuning and optimization.
- Experience with Python Programming language.
- Experience with ML/AI.
- Experience with ETL and other data integration tools such as Informatica, SAP Data Services, Oracle GoldenGate, and Tidal Enterprise scheduler.
- Robust data analysis and root cause analysis skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple distinct projects
- Ability to manage working across different time zones effectively
- Ability to anticipate technical challenges and develop contingency plans
- Self-motivated independent thinker and collaborative team member
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.