Senior DesignerApply NowApply Later Job ID 946331BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Apr. 07, 2022
We are looking for a Senior Designer with a focus on UX/UI and interactive storytelling who will help push the boundaries within the Visual Storytelling team in ESPN’s Creative Studio, whether that’s with design, photography, dataviz, illustration or future-focused technologies.
- Visually strong designer who geeks out over bringing digital ideas to life through creative thinking.
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity comps to communicate strong user interaction and the underlying story.
- Collaborate with an Art Director to outline content and expand, push and iterate on how the best digital story can be told through strong visuals
- Work with fun, creative, passionate visual storytellers in a collaborative environment
- Practice established team workflows and processes, while always looking to improve them.
- Deliver successfully on multiple deadlines and maintain high standards of accuracy and
- Confidently present and explain design directions to your content partners.
- Work closely with art directors, developers, and content partners throughout the creative process
- 6-8 years experience working within a creative studio, agency or media organization.
- In-depth understanding of user-centered design for a broad audience, responsive design, mobile first, and web standards.
- Passion for storytelling and evoking emotion, equally through the design and content.
- Genuine curiosity for understand others and their perspectives.
- An innate problem solver that tackles ambiguity with creative thinking.
- Have a collaborative approach to your work.
- Proven project management skills with ability to prioritize, organize their own time, and consistently meet internal and external deadlines.
- Reliable work-from-home setup with reliable internet connection.
- Must be fluent in Adobe Creative Suite and Figma.
- A digital portfolio with a breath of digital work.
- Curiosity around shifting industry trends and how to implement with the team.
- Experience with motion design and/or AfterEffects.
- Appreciation for the wonderful world of sports.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Remote work may be possible with this role.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.