Senior Director, Fantasy & Sports Betting ContentApply NowApply Later Job ID 815126BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN and Sports Content Date posted Jun. 25, 2021
- Design and manage the editorial vision for sports betting and fantasy content
- Direct a staff of managers, editors and reporters in a highly competitive, rapidly changing environment.
- Determine the balance between first-party (e.g. talent/writers) and third-party (e.g. content vendors, strategic partners) content
- Determine the appropriate intersections between traditional sports coverage, sports betting, season-long fantasy and daily fantasy content
- Identify, recruit and develop writers and editors to execute this vision
- Develop and lead strategy to maximize revenue-based KPIs by attracting new audiences to sports betting and fantasy editorial
- Monitor and articulate performance objectives to properly balance distribution and reach with free and subscription editorial
- Lead cross-platform sports betting/fantasy strategy meetings and communicate plans directly to production groups to ensure appropriate integration of content
- Work directly and collaboratively with newly formed Sports Betting team on helping to execute and deliver on the overall strategic vision for sports betting at ESPN
- Interface with internal and external partners at a senior level
- Coordinate staffing assignments, budget management, editorial resources and process.
- Collaborate with design, product and technology managers on presentation and site/app enhancements.
- Maintain proficiency and knowledge in latest trends, technology and best practices for third-party platform distribution (e.g. search/social)
- Develop and maintain industry relationships to ensure a vibrant pipeline for potential partnerships and subject-matter expertise on consumer trends
- Ensure all content meets established tone, theme, accuracy, style, integrity and consistency
- Identify opportunities for strategic growth in both revenue and traffic metrics
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in editorial and content creation, including at least four years in people management.
- Understanding and appreciation of news, story play and trending topics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and editorial judgment.
- Understanding of fantasy and sports betting, including various forms, methods of engagement and gameplay
- Strong knowledge of an array of sports
- Exposure to business and product teams in an organization with a strong digital media presence
- Experience with paid content strategy, digital paywalls, etc
- Familiarity with tools that measure online traffic, consumer habits and usage patterns.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communication, English or related field.
About ESPN and Sports Content:
The ESPN and Sports Content group acquires and produces ESPN’s live sports programming, as well as sports news and original and non-scripted sports-related content, for The Walt Disney Company’s cable channels, ESPN+, and ABC.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN and Sports Content.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.