Senior Editor, Trending TopicsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 729282BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Dec. 05, 2019
- Direct a staff of editors and reporters in a highly competitive, rapidly changing environment.
- Work to bring a distinctive, compelling and authentic voice to all digital products.
- Develop comprehensive multimedia coverage that includes video, audio, text and interactivity, and partnership with all appropriate ESPN properties.
- Recruit, hire and develop talented employees who are innovative storytellers that contribute to all of ESPN’s platforms.
- Coordinate staffing assignments, editorial resources and process.
- Collaborate with design, product and technology managers on presentation and site enhancements.
- Maintain proficiency and knowledge in latest trends, technology and best practices for social media.
- Maintain proficiency and knowledge in latest trends and best practices for visual storytelling.
- Maintain proficiency and knowledge for SEO.
- Ensure all content meets established tone, theme, accuracy, style and consistency requirements.
- Work with Sales to develop content with sponsorship potential.
- Identify opportunities for strategic growth in both revenue and traffic metrics.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in editorial and content creation, including at least one year in people management.
- Understanding and appreciation of news, story play and trending topics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and news judgment.
- Basic knowledge of all major sports.
- Appreciation of popular culture and contributes to an understanding of the tastes of ESPN’s audiences.
- Knowledge of web authoring tools and software, search engines and audience acquisition.
- Experience with driving audience expansion through off-platform channels for original content
- Familiarity with tools that measure online traffic, consumer habits and usage patterns.
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Journalism, Communications, English or a related field.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.