Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Financial AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 701021BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Sep. 04, 2019
DTCI includes Disney’s international media operations and the Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the upcoming Disney+ direct-to-consumer streaming service, the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu, and the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN. BAMTECH Media, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company as part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment.
An opportunity exists to join this dynamic business as a Senior Financial Analyst on its Financial Planning team.This position is responsible for supporting the financial management of the DTCI Technology organization. This position will work closely with Technology leaders to plan and analyze departmental and project spend, evaluate strategic concepts, and present recommendations.
This group needs a Senior Financial Analyst that has the proven ability to manage many stakeholders and build strong relationships. This person will partner with business leaders to deliver on the strategic, financial and operational goals of the business. The SFA will be comfortable working with large amounts of data to develop and present succinct conclusions and recommendations. The ability to manage an ever changing, dynamic environment with confidence will be critical to success. In addition, a successful candidate will look for opportunities to drive efficiency in processes and be willing to challenge the status quo. A successful Senior Financial Analyst will be comfortable working with minimal supervision and have the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of budgets, forecasts, and long-range plans for DTCI Technology.
- Collaborate with Technology department executives, managers, project managers, Financial Planning, and Accounting to analyze spend, track performance, and update forecasts.
- Develop, enhance, update and maintain financial planning models.
- Utilize financial systems and tools to develop reports and analyze data.
- 2-5 years of related work experience
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, and ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously and with minimal supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team or individually as business needs dictate.
- Results-oriented with a high standard for quality and performance; Focus on the customer
- 3+ years of related work experience in FP&A or public accounting
- Experience working with senior executives, including leaders outside of Finance/Accounting
- Experience using SAP, Cognos TM1, Hyperion, or other enterprise financial systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Accounting
- MBA, CPA, or other advanced degree or certification
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN, Inc, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
ESPN, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.