Senior Financial AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 787803BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Apr. 29, 2021
- Prepare operating budgets, five year strategic plan, and quarterly forecasts for Indirect Content Costs for assigned client groups.
- Prepare and maintain labor models and headcount for assigned operating areas including merit increases, promotions, overtime and other labor related costs with an emphasis on contracted labor and corresponding allocations.
- Create contracted labor reports to track overall spend and analyze for spending trends.
- Collaborate with Content management to analyze and track overall performance. Report findings on possible concerns and make recommendations for potential solutions.
- Prepare salary and other indirect expense variances as compared to the annual operating plan, quarterly forecasts and 5 year Strategic Plan to facilitate the monthly close and forecast cycles for Finance and Accounting review.
- Act as a strategic partner with Content while ensuring adherence to ESPN policies and company financial goals.
- Engage in and oversee special projects as directed by management within the Finance organization.
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in a related field is required.
- Requires strong computer literacy in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- A proficiency in building and working with financial models is necessary. Candidate must be extremely detail oriented, have strong organizational and interpersonal skills and possess superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in Cognos TM1, and SAP a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field required.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN, Inc, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.