Senior Manager FinanceApply Now Apply Later Job ID 747597BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Media Networks Date posted Feb. 13, 2020
- Lead the detailed coordination, consolidation, reporting and communication of the annual operating plan, 5 year plan, all forecasts and monthly/quarterly closes. This includes overseeing the maintenance of the Cognos cubes, generation of P&Ls, generation and balancing of all variances. In addition this senior manager will be responsible for communicating and coordinating all deliverables to ESPN management, TWDC and The Hearst Corporation as it relates to the forecasts, AOP, 5YP and closes (i.e. Bluebook package, COC’s, P&Ls, key drivers, etc.).
- In charge of compiling the weekly President’s staff notes.
- Responsible for maintaining the cash flow budgets/forecasts for ESPN and ABC Sports. This includes working closely with finance and accounting contacts to forecast the cash flow via an Excel model, which will require a deep understanding of the P&L and Balance Sheet. In addition this will include continually evaluating the effectiveness of the current methodology used for forecasting individual line items on the cash flow; inputting cash flow into SAP and reporting all material variances for forecasts and actuals to Corporate.
- Oversee the preparation and analysis of the annual Hearst Corporation dividend package.
- Key point of contact for corporate FP&A, controllership and Hearst as it relates to all forecasts and closes.
- Collaborate with operational contacts to manage the budgets/forecasts for the Marketing & Research groups. Including maintaining working relationships with operational and accounting contacts to gain an understanding of their forecasts and actuals, as well as overseeing the explanation of variances for these areas.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and assists with implementation efforts for departmental projects/initiatives.
- Manage and develop staff including one manager and one senior financial analyst. This includes the preparation and delivery of performance reviews as well as managing the day to day workload of the staff.
- Assist the Senior Director of Finance on special projects and ad-hoc analysis.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues
- Executive presence and ability to interact with senior executives, as well as all other levels of individuals within an organization
- Excellent Organizational/ Multitasking Skills
- Excellent written and oral communication Skills
- Results-oriented with a high standard for quality and performance
- Strong work ethic
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Knowledge of Cognos preferred
- B.S. degree in Finance or Accounting
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN, Inc, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
ESPN, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.