Senior Media Systems Engineer- BroadcastApply NowApply Later Job ID 771131BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States / Los Angeles, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Mar. 01, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- Responsible for the design and implementation of DMED’s content creation, distribution and related facilities. The scope of which will include core routing, intercom, playout and distribution systems, new equipment or equipment upgrades, facility relocation, and facility redesign
- Take lead role in facility design, layout, evaluation of equipment alternatives, and equipment selection and configuration.
- Implement solutions for content creation, manipulation, encoding/transcoding and distribution. This may include non-linear edit systems, video servers, storage solutions, file acquisition, file transcode, file transfer, media asset management and automation systems.
- Plays a lead role in equipment procurement, including specification development, capital budget conformance, and technical specification verification
- Oversees and coordinates the construction of facilities and the installation of new equipment, including collaborating closely with installation engineers, equipment manufacturers and vendors, installation service contractors, electronic maintenance engineers, technical operations staff, and others involved in the projects.
- Monitors facility/equipment manufacturers and vendors to ensure compliance with design specifications and contractual agreements
- Monitors project progress and takes corrective action as necessary to keep projects on track
- Ensures that completed facilities and installed equipment meet industry specifications and operate as intended.
- Assists Support, Technical and Transmission operations departments in developing training programs for people who will be operating the new facilities and help resolve complex technical issues and problems.
- Collaborates closely with DMED and Operations’ management and key staff to assess facility needs
- Develops project plans, schedules, and budgets
- Collaborates closely with equipment manufacturers and vendors to understand the range of equipment that might be relevant to DTCI’s broadcasting facilities and operations
- Communicates with system design engineers to understand the requirements of selected hardware platforms
- Maintains relationships with other technical DMED Operations groups
- Maintains and builds new vendor relationships
- Provides project status updates to stakeholders and management
- Gathers, organizes and updates requirements of assigned tasks and projects.
- Presents solutions to peers, Technology management and customers.
- 5+ years of experience in television broadcast engineering
- Demonstrated knowledge of television broadcast and transmission best practices
- Demonstrated experience in building solutions for problems of sizeable scope and complexity that have been successfully deployed to customers/users
- Demonstrated experience in influencing and driving best practices within their team
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP, UDP, SSL, and SNMP.
- Knowledge of file transfer acceleration technologies and techniques. Understanding of video audio/video encoding/transcoding techniques and formats.
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to Electrical or Broadcast Engineering, or Computer Science OR equivalent relevant experience in broadcast facilities design and documentation.
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.