Senior Production CoordinatorApply NowApply Later Job ID 10009037 Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States / Town of Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Aug. 08, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Senior Production Coordinator participates in the management of day-to-day personnel and business operations for production content and personnel, primarily talent. The position is based in Bristol, Connecticut.
- Create and/or maintain documentation/schedules including programming information, personnel schedules, and other shared documents related to talent planning. With input from content leaders, ensure there is collectively alignment and accuracy.
- Partner collaboratively with Production leaders – including at our international locations, other ESPN departments – including potentially HR, Legal, etc., and outside entities.
- Foster relationships with talent to provide a positive experience.
- Create weekly talent schedules and assign personnel to events and shows based on resource availability and programming schedules, as well as track utilization and time off requests.
- Oversee scheduling of assigned personnel, tracking personnel overtime and vacation time, and assist Production leaders in making informed decisions on utilization of talent, making use of current tracking mechanisms and partnering with Talent Operations teammates.
- Responsible for dealing with time-sensitive materials and decisions.
- Coordinate talent needs such as photo shoots, hair & make-up services, and personal appearances.
- Coordinate feedback sessions, including gathering materials and information in collaboration with leaders.
- Responsible for the handling and timely relaying of sometimes complex or confidential information (budgetary, fee-related, etc.).
- Develop and modify policy and process.
- Responsible for training new hires on Production departmental processes and procedures.
- May be involved in the planning, requesting, and allocation of production facility needs.
- Advise on compliance questions in accordance with workforce classification guidelines.
- Attends meetings with stakeholders, as necessary, and represents a neutral party in discussions.
- Train and guide staff and event temporary workers (exempt and non-exempt) through systematic processes of engaging event temporary workers, non-contractual talent and vendor engagement/payment.
- Track and analyze data to find efficiencies, ensure legal compliance, and inform stakeholders.
- Participate in development, implementation and enhancement of ESPN proprietary resources (i.e., web Playbook) and learn/master other potential external technologies (i.e., Smartsheet).
- During Production peak times, remains accessible and is often required to work non-traditional days/hours.
- Excellent team player, who possesses strong interpersonal and organizational skills (i.e. budgeting time and prioritizing workload, accuracy and attention to detail in all tasks, ability to implement systematic processes and organize information flow), and problem solving abilities.
- Must possess strong communication skills: clear and concise in all forms of communication, ability to handle high-volume email and phone traffic, as well as in-person interactions.
- Has demonstrated ability to react quickly and positively under a wide variety of sensitive production and personnel situations that arise and are subject to continual change.
- Demonstrates consistent ability to take initiative; suggests ideas and solutions to problems that arise or before they occur; possesses ability to recognize when an issue is present and provide rectifying solutions.
- Performs independently with limited guidance from management.
- Has experience and understands the operational and logistical aspects of production planning.
- Has functional knowledge of budgets, with the ability to make personnel choices that potentially lead to resource and financial efficiencies.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Office 365, Outlook, Excel, Word, OneNote, etc.).
- Must understand the value of synergy in a dynamic organization.
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to diversity and inclusion including inviting diverse perspectives, fostering an inclusive work environment and supporting workforce diversity.
- Willing to work weekends and travel.
- Typically has 4+ years of Production/Sports Broadcasting experience, with a minimum of two years of Talent Office or Talent Relations experience.
- Bilingual or multi-lingual (English/Spanish).
- Knowledgeable about the overall sports production landscape, including an understanding of our US Hispanic market.
- Previous experience working with talent.
- Possesses experience in sports broadcasting, including a strong understanding of the production of studio shows, remote events, digital, and/or packaged shows.
- Understands mechanics of reporting and analytics of personnel and scheduling data for trends and metrics.
- Exhibits excitement for learning and is enthusiastic to explore new solutions (software, methodology, etc.) to meet and exceed evolving business needs.
- Advanced analytical and technical problem-solving skills.
- Advanced knowledge of the following systems/tools: Smartsheet, Slack, Zoom, Microsoft Office 365 programs, Playbook, and potentially business intelligence tools, like MicroStrategy.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Advanced computer skills including traditional Microsoft Office programs.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent via relevant work experience.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc, which is part of a business we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.