Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Remote Operations CoordinatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 627469BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Jan. 10, 2019
Job Summary:The Senior Operations Coordinator will be responsible for preparing and providing the necessary physical elements and facilities for televised remote events / productions; orders and reserves equipment and staffing. In addition the Senior Operations Coordinator will coordinate all facets of operations, including the preparation and dissemination of information to staff and departments involved with program production and plans and schedules the assignments of the staff of the Remote Operations televised remote events/productions; typically, surveys event venues to determine the feasibility of remote productions and to determine the most efficient remote operations processes.
- Oversees the timely and complete delivery of required equipment, services and facilities to remote venues
- Reviews and approves the selection and contracting for services, equipment and facilities provided by third-parties and vendors; negotiates with vendors for the rental of remote production and logistical equipment, e.g., scaffolding; lifts; generators, etc., needed to produce assigned events / productions
- For each assigned event, determines the telephone communications, power requirements, camera locations, announcer positions, requirements for additional lighting and other equipment
- Prepares and distributes a survey report that catalogs assigned staff and vendors; logistics; equipment and facilities; locations; contact information; communications / satellite / uplink specifications
- Serves as safety supervisor of each assigned televised remote events / productions; ensure ongoing compliance with applicable safety and environment and insurance requirements and regulations
- Reviews and approves the selection and contracting for technical services, equipment and facilities provided by third-parties and vendors; negotiates with vendors for the rental of remote technical equipment
- Facilities and services planned, procured and managed include: mobile units; uplink facilities and equipment; cameras, lenses, robotic cameras; hook-up and return facilities; announce booths and ENG interview rooms; audio and audio mixing equipment; videotape equipment; monitors; IFB assignments; lighting
- Participates in ensuring the provision and timely delivery of the required communications equipment and facilities that meet defined technical, operational and cost standards for each televised remote event / production
- Participates in interpreting and applying technical, operational and cost standards that may have a material impact upon the accuracy, cost and timeliness of assigned remote events
- Receives general instructions on semi-routine work and detailed instructions on semi-complex assignments; assignments are somewhat diversified
- Recognizes deviations from accepted practices and takes or suggest the appropriate next steps
- Work is subject to regular review and is supervised for timeliness, accuracy and adherence to correct procedures and standards
- Assigned to semi-complex tasks and processes that can have modest influence on the outcomes of assigned remote events
- Has organization, procurement, financial and logistics skills
- Knowledge of the communications, staffing, equipment and facilities elements of remote operations processes
- Knowledge of the procurement of telecommunication, equipment, facilities and staffing for numerous and varied venues
- Has a minimum of 3-years of related communications equipment and facilities logistical planning and procurement of related equipment and facilities
- Travel is required.
- Understanding of the procurement aspects of the communications, facilities, staffing and equipment and facilities needed to carrying out ESPN’s remote production operation processes
- Understanding of the procurement aspects of the technical equipment needed to carrying out ESPN’s remote production operations processes
- Has and applies an advanced knowledge of the communications, facilities, staffing and equipment aspects of ESPN’s remote operations functions
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.