Senior SEO AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 10078931 Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States / Town of Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Feb. 02, 2024
This role will be responsible for supporting ESPN’s current and future audience expansion opportunities. The ideal candidate understands how to optimize content for both on and off-platform, improving our discoverability and helping to create new, loyal users. The person in this role is able to work independently to identify optimization opportunities, through both research and real-time analysis, while using journalistic principles to ensure all content is in line with our brand expectations. The Senior Analyst will support the Director, Audience Engagement in executing the day-to-day search optimization strategy for ESPN’s digital sports coverage, working with editorial leadership across teams. This role will require a flexible schedule, including night and evening work, and is based in Bristol, CT.
- Real-time optimization of our content including monitoring specific topics/search keywords, tracking and updating key content.
- Act as the go-to person for editors seeking answers on all things SEO, formulating an in-depth strategy for content, researching content key phrases and generating search-friendly ideas for the site across all verticals.
- Turn data into accessible insights for content partners, outlining clear, actionable steps to increase audience.
- Recommend optimization strategy ahead of key news events, maintaining a calendar, monitoring seasonal trends and meeting with key stakeholders. Gather those same stakeholders for post-event analysis.
- Ensure our content is free of structural errors and is properly indexed by search engines.
- Maintain a database of evergreen content for backlinking, and recommend new or updated evergreen stories.
- Monitor top trafficked content from off platform and recommend recirculation opportunities to content creators.
- Conduct training and supply best practices for SEO.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in off-platform optimization and audience acquisition in a news environment.
- Understanding and appreciation of news, trending topics, popular culture and the tastes of ESPN’s audience.
- Highly curious, collaborative and passionate about digital media
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and news judgment.
- Basic knowledge of all major sports.
- Experience with Google Analytics/Search Console, Adobe, Chartbeat and other data tools.
- Proven track record of audience expansion
- Experience working closely with news editors
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Enterprises, Inc, which is part of a business we call ESPN.
ESPN Enterprises, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.