Senior Social Media Specialist - College SportsApply NowApply Later Job ID 10008739 Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States / Town of Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Sep. 20, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
ESPN is seeking a Senior Social Media Specialist to discover, develop, and distribute content across the ESPN social media platforms, with an emphasis on college sports (primarily football, M/W basketball, softball, baseball). An ideal candidate must have a passion and knowledge of college sports, and have extensive experience writing social copy under pressure and creating both videos and photos that are optimized for social environments. A Senior Social Media Specialist will also be responsible for composing comprehensive plans and reports in support of college sports and collaborating across multiple teams to lead successful projects from start to finish. The Sr. Social Media Specialist will report to the Social Media Manager.
We may be open to alternate work locations.
- Creates content (visual, video, text) that is optimized for social platforms, specifically Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Facebook
- Manages content planning and strategy for our college sports strategy
- Collaborates with multiple internal partners to make social content compelling and comprehensive to a broad audience
- Assigns work to select peers and designers on occasion
- Edits and approves social posts for journalistic accuracy, audience relevance, and tone, including real-time decision-making at various stages of content development
- Maintains proficiency and knowledge in all the latest social media trends and best practices
- Analyzes performance of social content and incorporate insights into future content decisions
- Performs supervisory duties and leads projects intermittently for a small team of Social Media members
- Sports happen on nights, weekends, and holidays and those shifts will be regular and required in this position
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a fast-paced social media environment with content creation responsibilities or relevant experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience using video editing software (e.g. Final Cut, Premiere)
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience using photo editing software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign)
- Skilled in social media comprehension and execution across multiple social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, TikTok and Instagram
- Possess excellent news judgement and verbal/written communication skills
- Strong understanding of journalistic standards
- Ability to work quickly and juggle multiple tasks during a typical workday
- Ability to analyze and apply data to decision-making
- Appreciation and understanding of popular culture that contributes to an understanding of the tastes of ESPN’s social media followers
- Knowledge of current sports, including teams, players, storylines, and forward-facing media personnel
- Previous brand voice and account launch management
- Experience using motion graphics or visual effects software (e.g. After Effects)
- Advanced knowledge of the latest social media and tech trends
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in journalism, communications, online/multimedia or related field
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc, which is part of a business we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.