Senior Software Engineer – Operational IntelligenceApply NowApply Later Job ID 935488BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Mar. 21, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about developing high performance operational intelligence platforms. To be successful in this role, you need effective communication and collaboration skills, a passion for learning and trying new things, and a strong foundational understanding of programming and computer science.
The new position of Senior Software Engineer – Operational Intelligence will report to the Manger of Engineering and will partner with engineering peers, product management and data science to implement new data analytic products in the Content Platforms space to turn our media supply chain and our content distribution workflows into a data-driven ecosystem. This position will work with teams across the organization to identify, collect and analyze application and system data to create predictive data products to power automated systems and company leadership.
- Develop software designs and specifications
- Develops and writes code to meet design specifications
- Test, document and deploy code
- Provide technical mentorship, and code quality assurance
- Support, maintain and break-fix production products
- Work with a team to design solutions to various interesting and challenging problems
- Be a champion for engineering excellence
- Become and remain an expert in current and emerging technologies and tools
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Familiarity with one of relational, NoSQL, Graph or Time Series data stores,
- Understanding of message based distributed, scalable, and resilient systems
- Desire to work in a start-up, fast-growth, or rapid-change environment
- Experience working on diverse teams
- Problem-solving skills to identify the root cause and implement the fix.
- Solid communication skills – written, and oral
- Ability to be flexible, adapting to changing priorities
- Experience transforming requirements into software design, documentation and software.
- Ability to coach teammates to become better engineers
- Ability to lead technical projects
- Expert with at least one of: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience building, testing, and tuning distributed systems
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or another technical field.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.