Senior Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 931405BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States / Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jun. 19, 2022
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience
- Deep understanding of the Java programming language and object-oriented programming
- Self-starter with proven ability to deliver high quality software in a pragmatic fashion
- Hands on experience with Cassandra or other NoSQL DBs
- Proven ability to solve challenging technical problems
- Proven ability to learn new technology and/or complex systems
- Proven ability and highly motivated to mentor and help grow other engineers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Interest and/or experience in fantasy games
- Full stack / front end engineering experience
- Hands on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience working on highly scalable real time software platforms
- Bachelor's degree in computer science
- Master's Degree in Computer Science
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.