Senior Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 963781BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 17, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will be expected to develop backend and full-stack solutions in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment using your technical skill sets, working with product managers and team leads to deliver high quality products that are scalable and robust. You will be expected to work closely on solutions with peers in a cross-functional environment to ensure we are delivering high quality products that align to the larger business initiatives within the digital media supply chain that support Disney’s TV, broadcast, theatrical, and direct –to-consumer lines of business.
- Provide technical guidance and evangelize best practices
- Maintain a deep understanding of our digital media supply chain and how it interacts with upstream and downstream dependencies
- Own software programs and multiple components, reviewing code for the design, testability and clear usability
- Influence and drive engineering best practices, working with engineers to ensure product and design specifications are met
- Responsible for fundamental platform performance, scalability, and resiliency
- Partner with stakeholders to refine requirements, and propose solutions to problems that span multiple teams
- Contribute to cross-functional troubleshooting of complex issues as needed
- Strong understanding of async programming models (events, callbacks, etc)
- Demonstrated proficiency designing APIs and building RESTful services
- Extensive experience in Java and multiple open-source technologies like; Spring, Tomcat, Nginx, Elastic Search, MongoDB, GraphQL, etc
- Knowledgeable in cloud-based technologies such as AWS EC2, SQS, S3, Lambdas, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Cloudformation/Terraform, etc.
- Expertise with full lifecycle of application development, including best practices of unit testing, code reviews, documentation, etc.
- Experience with build and deployment technologies such as Jenkins and Docker
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies. Can effectively articulate complex ideas and influence others through well-reasoned explanations
- Enjoy working within a team setting of engineers of varying experience
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- 5+ years relevant industry experience
- Previous work experience in media distribution
- Experience working with vendor teams to deliver high quality results
- Knowledge of performance testing and application profiling
- Strong curiosity about how Disney delivers the Magic and a desire to be a part of it
- BS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.