Senior Sourcing Specialist, Media Engineering & Broadcast Tech.Apply NowApply Later Job ID 770402BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Dec. 24, 2020
The Enterprise Sourcing (ES) team has been established to support all of the corporate functions’ Sourcing & procurement requirements. In addition, the Enterprise Sourcing team is responsible for directly supporting the Sourcing & Procurement needs of the business Segments and developing and executing Category Management strategies.
The Sr. Sourcing Specialist (I), Enterprise Sourcing – Media Engineering & Broadcast Tech. will be accountable for supporting initiatives/projects part of Sourcing Annual Operating Plan with each respective Business Segment and will be accountable for delivering against them. The individual will also provide input on procurement/sourcing strategies regarding operations, processes and infrastructure improvements. This position will ensure consistency in approach and quality and depth of analysis during the procurement/sourcing process.
- Lead cross-functional sourcing projects with key internal stakeholders
- Evaluate vendors, firms and other consultants based on pre-determined selection criteria
- Develop and lead RFI/RFP’s process for various goods and professional services, in accordance with TWDC policy and procedures.
- Analyze bids based on total cost/supply to identify opportunities to achieve optimal value
- Prepare and execute clear, structured negotiations following pre-defined Strategic Sourcing methodology
- Prepare and execute contracts as well as perform post-award administration (e.g. negotiating, issuing change orders, and contract closeouts.)
- Understand and assist in the development and execution of performance management programs with suppliers that focus on quality, responsiveness and cost
- Ensure compliance with Sourcing and Procurement policies and best practices
- Communicate and report to management the status of any critical external relationships that could affect planning and decision-making
- Analyze marketing industry trends and conditions that affect internal stakeholders and external suppliers and/or pricing
- Participate in professional development activities to keep abreast of current industry best practices
- Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances
- Participate in the development and execution of category strategies
- 5-7 years’ experience in a Strategic Sourcing or Business Environment
- Strong analytical/project skills, capable of leading and managing an array of initiatives from project initiation thru final presentation
- Excellent communicator able to demonstrate communicating effectively with senior management
- High-energy, self-motivated with a desire to excel in a multi stakeholder environment
- Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Knowledge of Sourcing & Procurement processes
- Media Engineering & Broadcast Tech. or IT Sourcing knowledge and experience
- Experience developing and implementing against category plans for Media Engineering & Broadcast Tech or IT.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA or another quantitative discipline preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.