Senior Staff Software Engineer, Frontend
Bristol, CT - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 692604BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 30/07/2019
As a member of a diverse and talented organization, the frontend engineer crafts elegant and extensible solutions, at scale, using modern frameworks and technologies to deliver features that people interact with, and rely on, every day.
- Demonstrate determination in finding solutions to complex puzzles
- Have the curiosity to research and learn new technologies
- Employ positive thinking and are able to work constructively in a diverse team setting
- Are passionate about web development
- Value learning and being exposed to new experiences
- Love working in a startup culture
- Architect site platform
- Design and build functionality at the core of our shared frameworks
- Prototype new features
- Define best practices to continually increase performance and scalability
- Approve development plans for new and complex features or products
- Review code and mentor other engineers
- Partner with other engineering teams to design forward looking frameworks for our products
- Mastery of frontend web development technologies and principles
- Experience with task automation (Grunt, Gulp, WebPack) and CSS Preprocessors (Less, Sass)
- Ability to research, learn, assess, and evangelize new technologies
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Driven and self-motivated
- Minimum of 12 years of relevant industry experience
- BS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.