Service Availability Analyst
Bristol, Connecticut, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 901964BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Dec. 16, 2021
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Company's Media and Entertainment Distribution (DMED) Technology organization enables enterprise-wide consumer technology and data capability to deliver on the promise of more direct consumer relationships, personalized product experiences and more active engagement with content and advertising. With global scale, local presence, and deep technological excellence, DMED Technology helps DMED and The Walt Disney Company optimize technology, platforms, and resources, while bringing creative ideas to life and creating industry-shaping approaches.
Working at The Walt Disney Company inside DMED Technology is unlike anything else. That's because we are always finding new ways to interact with guests/fans that are passionate about all platforms we support. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas, and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
DMED Technology operates a high volume and fast-paced environment where it relies on a SupportCenter to provide Level 1 support for all programming contribution and distribution for The Walt Disney Company.
Coordinates, diagnoses, and attempts to troubleshoot incoming DMED employee and partner support calls, tickets, and web forms which includes assigning incident/tickets for Level 1 support for global media production and distribution systems such as satellite or broadcast, critical business applications that support DMED’s mission and DMED Technology’s Consumer Software Applications. Dispatch/escalate issues to Level 2 or 3 if unable to resolve quickly.
- Answer calls for support, dispatch, communicate, assist in the resolution and document the response for all reported technical issues.
- Operate within the Service Now and Jira environments and ensure that procedures around tracking and reporting issues are being followed.
- Execute various support runbooks to resolve Level 1 incidents as reported from a variety of different methods (self-service ticketing, phone, email, etc.) These runbooks span broadcast technology, IT support and software support. The majority of our runbooks are specific to The Walt Disney Company and training will be provided.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Has entry level of knowledge related to PCR, MCR, ACR, studio, digital, audio, and other broadcast type facilities and their operational use and maintenance.
- Has entry level of knowledge related to software support including database management; introductory programming skills; experience managing Cloud environments.
- Experience monitoring large network systems including LAN/WAN/WLAN systems, routers, firewalls, servers, storage.
- Basic to intermediate computer certification(s) or ITIL Certification
- 1+ years of experience in television broadcast, transmission, IT or related fields.
- Minimum, Associates degree and or comparable military/civilian work experience in an appropriate technical area.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.