Social Media Specialist IApply NowApply Later Job ID 870761BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN and Sports Content Date posted Oct. 11, 2021
We may be flexible on location.
- Perform a wide variety of tasks to assist in shaping, creating, and distributing social content for sports fans across TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Follow ESPN Social standards of practice including an adherence to news and reporting guidelines
- Generate new ideas for building account engagement and growth
- Support senior-level colleagues to make social content and copy compelling and platform-appropriate
- Regularly use social data to inform content decisions
- Note that sports happen on nights and weekends and those shifts will be regular and required in this position
- 1+ years’ experience in social media or a closely related field
- Fundamental content creation skills in social media writing, photo editing, and video editing
- Sound knowledge of the sports landscape, including current athletes, rules, events, and ESPN programming
- Appreciation for and strong understanding of internet pop culture
- Demonstrated communication and organization skills
- Demonstrated news judgement
- Experience using video editing software (e.g. Final Cut, Premiere)
- Experience using photo editing software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign)
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, communications, online/multimedia or related field OR a high school diploma and a suitable combination of related training and experience.
- (i.e. physical requirements, holiday, nights, weekend shifts, etc.)
About ESPN and Sports Content:
The ESPN and Sports Content group acquires and produces ESPN’s live sports programming, as well as sports news and original and non-scripted sports-related content, for The Walt Disney Company’s cable channels, ESPN+, and ABC.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Enterprises, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN and Sports Content.
ESPN Enterprises, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.