Already applied?View Dashboard
Social Media Specialist II (BOXING)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 685455BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Jul. 15, 2019
ESPN is seeking a Social Media Specialist II, focused on Boxing, who will discover, develop, and distribute engaging content that will thrive on ESPN-branded social media accounts across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. This position will require live social programming and helping senior level colleagues with larger projects and planning. The ideal candidate will have experience managing a successful social account and the focus required to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Surface and curate engaging social content for Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, focused on Boxing.
- Write, edit and enhance social copy to ensure that writing style is consistent with account voice and editorial policies
- Manage content planning and reporting around tier-2 cross-account initiatives
- Generate new ideas for social media posts and execute against them from start to finish, including video and photo editing
- Collaborate with a few internal partners to make social content compelling and comprehensive
- Work in a variety of platform-specific content management and social analytics systems
- Analyze performance of social content and incorporate insights into future content decisions
- Sports happen on nights, weekends, and holidays and those shifts will be regular and required in this position
- Output subject to oversight by supervisors and peers to ensure audience interest, accuracy, and adherence to established editorial procedures
- 2+ years’ experience in social media or a closely related field
- 1+ years’ experience using video editing software (e.g. Final Cut, Premiere, After Effects)
- 1+ years’ experience using photo editing software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign)
- Elite knowledge of the sports landscape, including current athletes, rules, and events
- Sound editorial judgment, writing and editing skills
- Ability to react quickly and positively under pressure
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Appreciation for and understanding of internet pop culture
- Familiarity with ESPN’s content across multiple platforms
- 2+ years’ experience using video or photo editing software (e.g. Final Cut, After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop
- Commanding knowledge of social media trends
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor's Degree in journalism, communications, online/multimedia or related field
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.