Software Engineer I – Operational Intelligence
Bristol, Connecticut, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 948489BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May. 01, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
Job Summary:The newly created Operational Intelligence team sits within the DMED Technology's Content Platforms group. Our mission is to deliver real-time data access and analytics to all facets of the media supply chain.
We are looking for a Software Engineer I who is passionate about developing high performance operational intelligence platforms.
To be successful in this role, you need strong communication and collaboration skills, a passion for learning and trying new things, a strong foundational understanding of programming and computer science.
The new position of Software Engineer I – Operational Intelligence will report to the Manger of Engineering and will partner with engineering peers, product management and data science to implement new data analytic products in the Content Platforms space to turn our media supply chain and our content distribution workflows into a data-driven ecosystem.
- Develops and write code to meet design specifications
- Test, document and deploy code
- Support, maintain and break-fix production products
- Work with a team to build solutions to various interesting and challenging problems
- Be a champion for engineering excellence
- Become and stay an expert in current and emerging technologies and tools
- Awareness of one of relational, NoSQL, Graph or Time Series data stores,
- Awareness of message based distributed, scalable, and resilient systems
- Desire working in a start-up, fast-growth, or rapid-change environment
- Desire working on diverse teams
- Problem-solving skills to identify the root cause and implement the fix.
- Solid communication skills – written, and oral
- Ability to be flexible, adapting to changing priorities
- Familiarity with 1 programming language (e.g., Java, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Familiarity working with web-based services and UI’s
- Experience with at least one of: AWS, Azure, GCP
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical field
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.