Associate iOS Engineer (ESPN)
Glendale, CT - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 725802BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 23, 2020
Job Summary:The DTCI Mobile Engineering team develops some of the most downloaded and successful sports and news apps, including the ESPN app, Fantasy, Tournament Challenge, ABCNews and many others. This is a very exciting and highly visible position building the direct to consumer ESPN+ app. Streaming media is very challenging and a great opportunity to be part of changing user behavior in our apps.
During a typical weekend in the sports calendar, we have millions of fans in our apps all sharing the same live moments. Building these apps will present technical challenges we need to solve and numerous opportunities to learn. Join the team that builds our apps to match this scale and at the same time provide delightful user experience with animations and navigation.
This position is 100% hands-on development with ample influence of product design, features, and specifications. It requires proficiency in Swift and device capabilities. The ideal candidate will be passionate about iOS, technology, apps, and sports.
- Develop new and existing Disney apps for the iOS platform.
- Develop quality code using cutting-edge techniques, tools, and utilities.
- Research, test, and implement new techniques and frameworks.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop apps.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and technologies and apply them quickly.
- 0-2 years of relevant professional software development experience
- An understanding of HTTP and REST-style web services
- An understanding of XML or JSON
- Highly motivated to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented and iterative programming environment with a disposition for keeping up with the latest technologies.
- Solid organization/communication skills
- A minimum of 2 years hands-on iOS development experience.
- Experience working on a significant consumer app.
- Demonstrated experience developing applications leveraging XML/JSON.
- Solid understanding of data models and data access architecture.
- A sound understanding of HTTP and REST-style web services is required.
- Must demonstrate solid organization/communication skills.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering or related field
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Direct-to-Consumer and International, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.