Software Engineer II
Bristol, Connecticut, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 845859BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Sep. 16, 2021
Job Summary:The Candidate will work with the Affiliate Systems team to create new software solutions to support the DMED Affiliate relationships. The systems will serve varied global groups of users from Sales to Accounting, and Transmission.
- Collaborate with product managers and fellow engineers in the design and implementation of systems delivering highly complex workflow applications.
- Writes code that uses enterprise application frameworks typically for design and development of enterprise software programs and systems
- Enhances/Maintains code typically for software programs and systems that support the Disney internal business users and also existing B2B platforms.
- Participates in project architecture, design. Contributes to architecture design and implementation of assigned projects.
- Performs technical maintenance. Performs troubleshooting for systems that tend to be large and highly complex.
- Documentation, and/or testing
Basic Qualifications:• Minimum of 2 years of experience in software engineering roles.
• Knowledge of and experience with the following programming languages and frameworks: Java, Spring. Candidate should know Object Oriented Design, common data structures, algorithms that go along with them, and how to test your code
• Experience with Amazon Web Services-based infrastructure and management including, but not limited to Route 53, ALB, EC2, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, Lambda, VPC, ECS, IAM, S3, etc.
• Experience with designing data models and building scalable backend services that interact with frontend clients and applications.
• Experience writing, maintaining and deploying RESTful services.
• Experience writing code that consumes RESTful services.
• Integrating with CI/CD platforms and tool chains such as TeamCity, Jenkins, and Gitlab.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.