Sr Financial Accounting AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 900996BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Jan. 13, 2022
- Prepare journal entries, general ledger accounts and revenue reconciliations
- Prepare and review digital revenue and expense reporting to meet contractual requirements of TWDC and business partners
- Produce Partner revenue share reporting and reconciliations
- Partner with Finance, Sales, and Technology on system design and configuration to meet accounting and revenue recognition requirements
- Reconcile linear ad sales make good liability revenue transfers to digital
- Ensure monthly/quarterly SOX compliance
- Assist with internal and external auditor requests
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for Corporate
- Provide support and guidance to other staff members on daily tasks
- Assist management with ad hoc projects and requests as needed
- Communicate effectively with business partners and internal team to anticipate challenges and seek out process efficiencies
- Understand and execute standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Ability to independently prioritize workload and escalate conflicting priorities
- Understanding of accounting fundamentals (e.g. debit/credits, financial statements)
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Intermediate Excel knowledge with ability to analyze large sets of data using pivot and lookup tables
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field, or more than 5 years relevant experience.
- Prior experience with or knowledge of SAP preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of accounting standards and practices
- Informed decision maker with effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a fast paced environment
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.