Sr. Manager, Engineering
Bristol, CT - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 748741BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Feb. 20, 2020
Job Summary:Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
The Manager, Engineering is responsible for leading a team of engineers building data collection capabilities for The Walt Disney Company. The Manager will provide technical oversight and leadership, and will partner with the product management team to help define the strategic direction for the teams usage of both 1st and 3rd party capabilities. The candidate will lead SDK data collection development for web, mobile and connected devices, as well as provide leadership on the overall technical approach for data collection.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in full stack software development, data collection at significant scale, data engineering as well as have experience with tag management and consent management services. The candidate will have experience with implementing regulatory requirements, such as GDPR and CCPA as well as security requirements.
- Lead the team developing data collection capabilities
- Hands on work to design and review solutions; develop solutions as needed
- Partner with Product Management and design in planning and road mapping
- 6 years of experience as a front-end or full stack developer.
- Expertise in iOS and Android SDK development
- Minimum of 3 years experience leading engineering organizations, including on-shore, near-shore and off-shore
- Experience with tag management and consent management services
- Demonstrates expertise and leadership in working with product management, development and operations to architect innovative solutions that meet the requirements with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and realistic implementation schedules.
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in writing detailed technical specifications and documentation for delivery teams.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work according to needs.
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and technologies through self-study.
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or equivalent.
- MS/MA degree in Computer Science or other technical field, preferred
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.