Sr. Manager Event Marketing, ESPN AudioApply NowApply Later Job ID 10021688 Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States / Town of Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Nov. 09, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
At the direction of the Sr. Director of Audio Marketing and Events, the Sr. Manager of Events is responsible for the day-to-day management of audience engagement and events for ESPN’s radio, podcast and streaming audio business. Essential duties will include but are not limited to event development, execution, monetization and promotion and audience engagement.
- Development of audience engagement and event strategy for ESPN Radio and Podcast shows
- Manage logistics for event venue selection, vendors, staffing, show production, creative/branding, talent travel, ticketing, onsite fan experience and local marketing partnership relationships
- Manage ESPN Audio’s trade/B2B events portfolio, including sponsorships, onsite presence and communications
- Support audience engagement/consumption growth efforts for ESPN Radio and priority podcast content, including social media outreach
- Develop and present effective sales concepts and proposals to secure corporate sponsorships and manage execution of sponsored packages with Disney Ad Sales
- Manage internal relationships, including Legal, Security, Finance, Content, Sales and Research
- Develop budgets and manage expenses for event and audience-development functions
- Aid in the development of the LRP and AOP on an annual basis
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills – oral and written.
- Experience managing and implementing event/marketing budgets.
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Basic understanding of the radio/podcast/streaming audio space
- Five or more years of experience in an audio, sports or event marketing – including but not limited to an agency, in-house events/promotions department, brand marketing, audience engagement or other related business.
- Proven experience with all aspects of event development, execution, sponsorship and promotion.
- Experience dealing with internal sales teams, sponsors, sponsor fulfillment and Sales Management.
- Strong understanding of sports radio/podcast and experiential marketing best practices and trends.
- Demonstrated excellence in dealing with sponsors, external customers and key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
The hiring range for this position is $86,439 to $118,854 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc, which is part of a business we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.