Sr Manager, Product Management
Bristol, CT - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 764014BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States; Glendale, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Aug. 05, 2020
Job Summary:The DTCI Product Platform Management team is responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of our software products and platforms by providing cross-functional leadership between key stakeholders, engineering teams, business relationship managers, program managers and other product management teams. This team establishes roadmaps, delivers technical requirements and helps prioritize the investments we make in our enterprise products and content delivery platforms.
As the Senior Manager, Product, this person will be responsible for creating the strategy and executing against the product vision, directing tech product priorities and working across business teams to ensure the highest quality master data integrity. As the lead point of contact for these products, this role will be responsible for creating the strategy with guidance from senior management, identifying and organizing appropriate resources and executing on a day-to-day basis. This role will be the main POC for all product owners and handle escalations from within and outside of DTCI for all relevant stakeholders.
The person who takes on this role will have the unique ability to form and norm the team we realign our business needs and product offerings to DTCI’s mission with an especial focus on supporting our Direct to Consumer platforms (Disney +, ESPN+, Hulu). In addition, this role develops new strategies and conducts development in close partnership with Engineering, Design, Project and QA, from product strategy, to green lights, to feature specifications, schedule calculations, core development, prototyping, beta iteration, launch, and the ongoing releases of significant updates.
This person takes a key role in the design of the products, ensuring the highest quality user experience, brand consistency, and most importantly, the highest quality execution of the end-user experience. This role will be responsible for tracking the development of the team’s products and live ops performance, ensuring deliverables are met in a timely manner and will present frequently to executive staff on initiatives and progress. This position also sometimes engages with outside development vendors.
We are looking for multiple, experienced product managers or product owners who have led teams and who have expertise in one or more of these areas:
- IP & Metadata management systems for TWDC content
- Servicing and fulfilment systems for mastering and localization for digital streaming services and television distribution
- Asset management, editorial workflows, and metadata for photography and photojournalism
- Programming and scheduling systems for the media networks at TWDC
- Work with Business team to identify needs, KPIs and create product roadmaps. Develops departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities. Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives.
- Create and execute strategy and roadmap and communicate to stakeholders and senior leadership around initiatives. Identifies and resolves complex technical, operational and organizational problems.
- Provide leadership to teams of engineers, product managers, and QA deliver excellent consumer first user experiences across the owned and operated websites. Directly manages IC Product Managers and indirectly manages related teams and sets organizational priorities and allocated resources
- Constantly looking for team efficiencies and productivity
- 8+ years managing interactive development and production, including synthesizing business, creative and technical elements into compelling consumer-facing experiences.
- Superior product and design sense that guides the team and allows for rapid development and innovation. Understanding of the web and app marketplaces, current design practices and trends are essential.
- 3+ years direct reports in flat or stacked team structures, creating performant teams and team cultures
- Self-starter who can work autonomously, working to guide personnel and development to avoid issues before they affect team morale or delivery.
- Dedication to and deep knowledge of data, employing insights to make decisions and adjustments on a daily/weekly basis. Attention to funnel optimization and SEO for web products a must.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to clearly communicate goals, status and issues upwards and across organization.
- Solid understanding of tools, technologies, processes and methodologies employed in the development of interactive software for web and native applications. Ability to work with engineering teams to deliver elegant and timely solutions.
- Experience managing high profile productions synchronously.
- Enthusiasm and interest in Disney’s franchises and the content that Disney can deliver via digital applications.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.