Sr Network Engineer (Project Hire)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10063176 Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States / Town of Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 10, 2023
Disney Enterprise Technology delivers technology strategy and management, central engineering, architecture, IT and technical operations for The Walt Disney Company. Business Network Design Services (“BNDS”) is a network team within Enterprise Technology that designs and implements network infrastructure to directly support all Disney segments with LAN, MAN, WAN, internet, WiFi, and voice network services. BNDS engineers work closely with other technical teams to provide the network services, including the strategy/architecture team, network operations, global information security, wireless and cloud teams among others. This is an opportunity to build networks for Disney’s world-class business units including filmed & TV production, media & broadcast, and content distribution. We are seeking a multifaceted individual who is a problem solver, creative, has a solid sense of ownership and initiative, collaborates and communicates effectively, and is interested in continually learning new networking technologies.
What you will bring:
- Technical leadership experience in a large, complex enterprise (e.g. at least 30+ sites in multiple countries, at least 10-15k users but preferably 50k+ users).
- Ability to architect best-in-class, large-scale data networks for global enterprises that enhance security, performance, scalability, and cost-effectiveness.
- Collaborative approach to working with business units to rapidly develop and implement solutions.
- Ability to build and supporting enterprise LANs, MANs, WANs, VPNs, and remote access solutions in a variety of topologies.
What you will be doing:
The Network Engineer (“SNE”) provides network design and consulting services to business units and peer groups, develops network design plans, and drives implementation of network solutions. As such, it is a hybrid role requiring a balance of technical, people and project skills.
- Consulting: Meet regularly with business unit technologists to understand technical strategy, gather requirements, and translate requirements into technology solutions. This requires relationship building / leadership skills, planning, customer service, and problem-solving skills in serving as an interface between Enterprise Tech and the Business Units.
- Analysis & Proposals: Arrange information effectively into solutions alternatives and present them to leadership and business segment partners. This requires accounting for multiple aspects of design solutions including technical, cost/financial, process, security and ongoing support.
- Design: Prepare highly technical designs improving Disney’s architecture & design standards—direct participation and execution of design, engineering & deployment of business unit network solutions & capabilities. This can include a mix of standard document writing, network diagrams, or contribution to configuration automation. Write Scope of Work documents to guide 3rd party implementers who will conduct the hands-on configuration of network devices; prepare critical documentation necessary for the design & infrastructure to be deployed.
- Implementation: Prepare documentation in order to complete design plans; be accountable for the timely, on-budget implementation of the solution, including risk management & escalation, oversight of 3rd party vendors, and other Disney internal/external project team members.
- New Technology Evaluation: On occasion, assist the architecture team to evaluate new technology solutions; provide practical and Business Segment oriented perspective to the selection of new technology and adoption of processes.
- What this position is not: Operations: this is not an operations position; there are few if any duties related to operating the network or performing break-fix activities beyond perhaps collaboration on the intended design.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in an enterprise environment that operates 7x24 services to multiple business units with a progression of responsibilities spanning network operations, implementation, design, and architecture.
- Solid grasp of LAN/MAN/WAN topologies & platforms, routing protocols, current data center architectures, DNS/DHCP, IPAM, multicast, VRF, QoS, etc.
- Knowledge routing protocols including RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, RMTP, BGP etc. and telecommunication connectivity including MPLS, Private Line, Metro Ethernet, Site-to-Site VPN and internet.
- Confirmed technical expertise in the interfacing of network devices and service in a multi-platform computer and network environment (Wireless, VoIP, Video conferencing, etc.)
- Media/Entertainment/Video Distribution/Broadcast industry experience is beneficial.
- Demonstrable ability to lead, coordinate, and handle complex projects: developing project plans/schedules; delivering a product or service in a timely and cost-efficient manner
- Data center and/or cloud network design experience is helpful.
- Experience with multiple vendor switching, routing, and security products (i.e. not just Cisco).
- Basic or intermediate programming skills in Python or other contemporary toolset/language.
- Possesses good interpersonal skills resulting in the ability to produce clear, concise and consumable verbal and written communications/depictions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, Electrical or Electronics Engineering or comparable field of study, and/or equivalent work experience.
This is a 30-month Project Hire position with no guarantee of permanent placement. Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.