Sr ParalegalApply NowApply Later Job ID 931264BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted May 03, 2022
- Drafts contracts and/or other legal documents, ranging from standard to highly complex. Range of subject matters may include programming, film, sponsorship, talent, trademark, production, intellectual property and other ESPN functions.
- Teamed with specific attorneys from which some but not all assignments flow; also receives some significant portion of work directly from clients while under the supervision of an attorney
- Manages vendor approval workflow and drafts vendor master services agreements on a largely independent basis.
- Maintains the department’s master and standard contracts and other documents, and updates and distributes as necessary
- Conducts research, which may include some higher-level analysis, in areas of focus, which may include programming and distribution rights, discovery research in support of litigation, and other legal research
- May conduct administrative support activities for department attorneys as necessary
- May analyze desired contract requirements for translation into contract draft language; may propose original and standard alternate language
- Interacts with attorneys and other legal department personnel, outside counsel and internal clients; often interacts, under attorney supervision, with other third parties
- Performs such other duties or functions as the supervising attorney may delegate to them
- Minimum of 3 years of applicable legal experience required
- Significant contract drafting experience
- Expertise in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- The ability to consistently solve problems with a high degree of independent decision-making
- The ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Demonstrated strong operational expertise
- Proven success in judgment in a broad scope of matters
- Full knowledge of selected legal procedures, terminology, and contract policies and standards
- Ability to handle a high volume of work with minimal supervision while exercising the judgment to appropriately discern when to escalate issues.
- Superior organization skills with the ability to prioritize workload efficiently and effectively, and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and must be highly team-oriented.
- High level of professionalism and ability to maintain absolute confidentiality.
- Ability to build business acumen and understand core elements of the applicable business areas
Preferred Qualifications:Subject matter expertise in the sports, media, entertainment, production and/or music space
Required EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent
Preferred EducationParalegal certification or Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
Additional Information:#legalaffairs, #LI-TD2 and #CORP_MEDIA
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN, Inc, which is part of a business we call ESPN.
ESPN, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.