Sr. Product Manager, Fantasy Sports & Gaming
Bristol, Connecticut, United States / Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 922103BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States / Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May. 02, 2022
Job Summary:Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
DMED is an equal opportunity employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
The Disney Media, Entertainment, and Distribution (DMED) product team is responsible for the product strategy, definition, development, and operation of the world’s most engaging digital products, serving millions of consumers across the world across brands like ESPN, Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and more.
As a member of the Fantasy and Gaming product team within DMED, you will play a critical role in growing, improving, and monetizing the world’s leading digital sports destinations, including ESPN.com, ESPN App, ESPN Fantasy games, and more.
The Senior Product Manager I, Fantasy Games will work with product design, engineering, QA, project management and other stakeholders to conceive, design, build, and grow digital sports games that are made available to users across ESPN Digital platforms, including the ESPN Fantasy App, ESPN App, and ESPN.com. A successful candidate in this role will serve as the day-to-day lead for active design and development of key products like the ESPN Fantasy app and website.
The right candidate will be a passionate sports fan with deep knowledge of game mechanics and market trends, including sports betting. Furthermore, this person will have a diverse background and a demonstrable track record of successfully building and managing scaled, high-quality, innovative applications, products, and services for a consumer-oriented organization. The right candidate must be a self-motivated, team player who can drive the overall business objectives of the organization. This person must be able to work closely with other internal and external product and technology experts.
The Product Manager, Games will report directly to the Director of Product Management, Fantasy Games.
- Articulate a product vision for specific ESPN games and interactive experiences, partnering with Engineering, Design, Editorial, Business, and other Product teams to deliver engaging experiences on all platforms.
- Define a roadmap and execute on the development of those features and improvements, through an agile software development lifecycle, across multiple platforms concurrently.
- Write and communicate product requirements effectively to developers, designers, and stakeholders.
- Work closely with development teams on a daily basis to build and deliver features for products.
- Collect and analyze data to understand behavioral patterns of our users and use that insight to improve fan experiences and increase engagement within the Fantasy product suite.
- Balance the priorities of a diverse group of stakeholders, while still delivering high quality products in consistent releases.
- Provide transparency and recommendations on project trade-offs, understanding and coordinating dependencies across multiple teams with competing priorities.
- Facilitate the ideation and development of new features and functionality around ESPN’s consumer-facing products.
- Translate strategy and product vision into project deliverables with launch targets.
- Become an expert in digital game mechanics and ESPN digital products.
- Be an ambassador for ESPN digital gaming and products internally and externally.
- 4+ years of professional experience in product management.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge driving product development.
- Previous experience managing product requirements, release deliverables, and technical documentation.
- Previous experience working with large, cross-functional, agile development teams.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Strong ability to multi-task and context-switch with ease, in a fast-paced and ever-evolving organization.
- Demonstrated proficiency in data analysis and analytical thinking, preferably with Adobe Analytics or other similar tools.
- High level of comfort communicating with executives inside and outside of ESPN, including strategic partners.
- Familiarity and passion for app development on native platforms (iOS/Android).
- High energy and capable of multi-tasking and context-switching with ease, in a fast-paced and ever-evolving organization.
- Ability to operate effectively in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work cross organizationally.
- Process-driven and extremely detail-oriented.
- Passionate sports fan and regular user of ESPN products and services.
- Experience playing ESPN Fantasy games across a variety of platforms.
- Basic understanding of intricacies across sports, i.e. scoring, stats, etc.
- Experience managing product requirements and release deliverables in JIRA.
- Passion for sports betting and other emerging markets within Sports.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.