Sr Project Manger
Bristol, CT - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 691398BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 29/07/2019
- Manage all aspects of software development projects from Initiation through Closure.
- Plan, coordinate and direct all activities associated with creating and maintaining project plans, communication plans, risks/issues, etc. leveraging best practices defined by the Performance & Operations team
- Leverage experience with Agile and SCRUM methodologies to lead project teams on a daily basis to the successful delivery of software development projects
- Responsible for managing team dynamics, morale and motivation while building a culture where all members and points of view are respected
- Accountable for delivering ‘quality’ solutions that provide desired business benefits and/or solve business problems - ‘on-time’ & within budget
- Lead Project Teams through the identification and management of risks and the resolution of issues, escalating to management as appropriate
- Able to quickly solve complex problems in a challenging, dynamic environment with minimal direction
- Provide frequent and transparent communication to the business and technical senior management, project teams and stakeholders regarding project health, issues & risks
- Effectively communicates complex and/or difficult information to both technical and non-technical audiences, including Executives
- Ability to influence key decision-makers / stakeholders towards new business processes and technical solutions that best serve DTCI & the Walt Disney company
- Facilitator – must be able to:
- Facilitate meetings / workshops with large groups of people beyond the project team
- Facilitate the project team through the resolution of complex issues
- Ensure group participation
- Drive workshop/meeting to conclusion and/or actionable outcome
- Develop and deliver outcomes/results/notes in a manor appropriate to the level of the group
- 10+ years of experience managing formal application software development projects.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies developing software applications, playing the role of scrum master effectively
- PMI Certification preferred with thorough understanding of Project Management Methodologies & Techniques
- CSM / CSP Certification preferred with thorough understanding of Scrum Agile Methodologies
- Experience in the media industry is a plus
- A general BA degree, PMP and/or CSM certificate or equivalent work experience
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.