Sr QA Analyst
Bristol, CT - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 712586BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 15/10/2019
Working at The Walt Disney Company inside DTCI-Technology is unlike anything else. That’s because we are always finding new ways to interact with guests/fans that are passionate about all platforms we support. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
This individual will serve as a Senior QA Analyst as part of the Production Software Engineering team. The individual that fills this role will be responsible for developing and executing automated and manual test strategies to facilitate the development of highly reliable and scalable applications that integrate, enhance and facilitate control of broadcast engineering systems to support ESPN’s on-air digital content workflows.
They will also assist in driving standardized QA best practices with the team, researching and implementing automation technologies, managing test environments, working with the larger team to create and execute test cases and reporting accurate results. This person has at least eight years of experience in a structured software/testing environment. They must be a team player with strong communication skills and meet the minimum technical requirements identified below.
In order to maintain high quality while keeping pace with the ever increasing development throughput, expanding our testing capacity and automation is critical to our ability to keep up with demands. This person will be responsible for testing critical services and working with management and software engineers to research and recommend tools, support/execute POCs, establish best-practices and implement automation solutions to reduce the manual testing efforts and reduce overall time-to-delivery while maintaining high-quality standards. Furthermore, this is a proactive request intended to better prepare our organization for an expected increase in demand to globalize our systems as we identify synergy opportunities with newly acquired/merged production and operational responsibilities around the globe. Our services manage the video pipeline including transmission scheduling and resource management, media ingest and archive, catalog and search and digital distribution.
- Research, design, and maintain automated and manual testing solutions for GUIs and backend services.
- Mentor QA team with internal technical training as needed for automation solutions.
- Create testing solutions for complex workflows spanning many interconnected systems.
- Effectively innovates possible solutions and is not constrained by the limitations of existing systems and/or methodologies.
- Lead offshore resources when necessary.
- Builds strong relationships across the technical organization to better leverage other expertise and tools throughout the organization.
- Involved in all phases of the software development lifecycle from requirement gathering to post-production support.
- Provides technical guidance/leadership to other QA Analysts.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a structured software/testing environment with a minimum of 2 years of experience with automation test tools or application development
- Expertise in using various software testing tools and methodologies with special expertise in UI automation
- Strong experience testing systems developed with enterprise integration technologies such as JMS, Web Services, and RESTful Services.
- Knowledge and experience with programming language(s), databases, and new technology stacks and how they relate to software testing
- Has good knowledge of trends, technology advances, new products, and best practices relevant to QA methodologies & test tools
- Individual has the ability to lead/influence positive change/results in all areas of software testing amongst a talented team of analysts.
- Understands complex systems and complex requirements and formulates optimal test strategies to meet current and future needs that align with Enterprise Architecture.
- Very good understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle process and the role of QA within the SDLC.
- Has the ability to present and mentor to team members and some levels of management
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communications skills both written and oral.
- Fast learner and interest to master different technologies.
- Expertise in Selenium UI automation
- Expertise in RESTful service testing and automation with SOAtest or Postman
- Eight or more years of experience in a structured software/testing environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Math
Additional Information:Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you will have the opportunity to join a team that is beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.