Sr Security SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 864466BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN and Sports Content Date posted Oct. 08, 2021
The Senior Security Specialist will assist in all Main Security Office functions to include security enforcement, emergency response, monitor fire and HVAC Systems, communicate with local police and fire departments, dispatch operations, and emergency notifications.
- Assist in all Main Security Office functions to include security enforcement, emergency response, monitor fire and HVAC Systems, communicate with local police and fire departments, dispatch operations, and emergency notifications.
- Perform core Rover duties including campus rounds, break coverage, building inspection, perimeter patrol and more.
- Photograph new employees/contractors and create identification cards.
- Assist Facilities Service Center in call taking and dispatch functions in accordance with the established procedures.
- Provide leadership during response to all medical, fire, security, and other safety related emergencies and incidents and write comprehensive reports following established procedures.
- Occasionally monitor fire alarm control panel and interpret alarm indicators for emergency type and location. Rapidly reposition to location of possible emergency and assess, determine and respond within a three (3) minute timeframe from initial alarm.
- Completes and issues hot work permits.
- Conducts inspections per established hot work permit processes to preserve safety at ESPN facilities.
- Conducts fire watch assignments in designated hot work areas.
- Occasionally perform Security Associate and Security Specialist duties. Be a role model and reinforce standards for those roles.
- Identify and recommend security protocol or procedural enhancements.
- Monitor company property, identify and report safety and security hazards.
- Secure property as directed.
- May provide security presence at special events.
- In some instances, you may establish barricades, operate gates, and generally direct vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
- Provide appropriate general information to visitors and employees.
- Perform general security system checks.
- Perform access control duties at high traffic exterior posts in accordance with established procedures.
- Perform vehicle inspections in accordance with established inspection protocols.
- Monitor and enforce campus parking regulations in accordance with established procedures.
- Accurately create work orders documenting requestors name, location, type of service needed.
- Identify craft on all routine requests
- Create work orders and dispatch maintenance personnel to the correct location of requested work orders.
- Assist in the distribution and tracking of related departmental keys.
- Monitor hand held radio channels for HVAC, Electrical, Maintenance, Construction and Safety to facilitate communication between groups.
- Receive and process all requests for facilities services through phone calls or email and radio.
- Monitor main company external phone line and direct incoming telephone calls as appropriate.
- A minimum of three (3) years of security or law enforcement experience.
- Must possess and maintain a Driver’s license valid in the state of Connecticut.
- Possess a DMV Class F Public Passenger Endorsement on Connecticut Driver’s License or apply for a Class F endorsement within 30 days of employment
- Must pass a pre-employment background check, DMV check, and urinalysis drug screen.
- Must currently possess and maintain a valid CT Guard certification or be able to attain a valid CT Guard certification within two (2) weeks of employment.
- Must have the flexibility to work varying schedules (hours and days off) and work overtime as approved.
- Must have the ability to perform basic work tasks on computers, including using MS Outlook email and Word.
- Maintain a professional presence in image and interactions at all times.
- Must complete required hot work permit training.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Superior writing ability and command of basic English grammar.
- Strong judgment and decision making skills.
- Proven ability to operate as an informal leader within a team.
- Possess the ability to apply functional expertise and guide others.
- Ability to positively influence team effectiveness.
- Highly adaptable with the ability to work well under pressure. Maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Ability to perform tasks independently and apply good judgment in a variety of situations.
- Ability to operate company transportation, including fleet and gem cart vehicles.
- Able to take command and diplomatically control difficult situations
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- College Degree in related field.
About ESPN and Sports Content:
The ESPN and Sports Content group acquires and produces ESPN’s live sports programming, as well as sports news and original and non-scripted sports-related content, for The Walt Disney Company’s cable channels, ESPN+, and ABC.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN, Inc, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN and Sports Content.
ESPN, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.