Sr. Software Engineer, Fantasy Frontend
Bristol, Connecticut, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 882750BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 09, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
DMED is an equal opportunity employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
- Have the curiosity to research and learn new technologies
- Employ positive thinking and are able to work constructively in a diverse team setting
- Are passionate about web development
- Demonstrate determination in finding solutions to complex puzzles
- Value learning and being exposed to new experiences
- Enjoy watching or playing sports
- Love working in a startup culture
This position is open to Remote Work
- Prototype new features and research applicable technologies
- Implement best practices to continually increase performance and scalability
- Work with product and project management to refine specs and timelines
- Partner with other engineering teams to deliver best solutions
- Mentor and provide feedback to junior engineers
- Review code and pull requests to ensure product and design specifications are met
- Proven understanding of front-end web development technologies and principles
- Experience with task automation (Grunt, Gulp, WebPack) and CSS Preprocessors (Less, Sass)
- Demonstrated ability to research and learn new technologies
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Driven and self motivated
- 5-7 years relevant industry experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.