Sr Software Engineer - Integration Engineering
Bristol, Connecticut, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 772912BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Feb. 01, 2021
Job Summary:As a Senior Software Engineer, you will use your deep Java, scripting, DevOps, and data persistence skills to write and test code that delivers new features for our application portfolio. You will be an important part of a motivated team where we’ll be looking for you to collaborate with the team to drive application architecture, code quality, and make sure we are building the right things for our users. We want someone that has grown up through the web software development ranks - possessing 7 or more years’ experience in designing and architecting highly scalable, secure, performant, and usable web applications using Java/Java EE. The ideal candidate would possess deep skills in server side technology (Java, Spring, RESTful Web Services), while having expertise with orchestration and containerization platforms (Docker and Kubernetes), coupled with hands on persistence and data streaming technology experience (MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra, Redis, Kafka).
While The Walt Disney Company is a large company, ideally, we’d like if you have some previous experience in a U.S. startup environment and be comfortable performing multiple roles. We strive to get things done quickly, with high quality, and we are committed to the agile methodology. Our work is guided by lean principles (looking at value and looking for waste; not doing anything ‘for the sake of doing it’).
We’re looking for a passionate, impactful, technical leader who wants to come here to do their very best work and make their mark, add their chapter to the long and storied history of The Walt Disney Company. Someone who holds themselves and their teammates accountable in a professional, collaborative manner. A collaborative technologist who seeks to bring the best out in themselves and those around them. Someone who can provide a fresh perspective and innovative insight to our initiatives.
- Collaborate with leads and influence software architecture and design to ensure that you are delivering high quality work that aligns with DMED TV Ad Platforms engineering strategy.
- Collaborate on the design, development, maintenance, testing strategy, and operations of Integration API services written primarily in Java.
- Develop secure and highly performant integration services and APIs
- Collaborate with and influence technical teams to deliver quality software and ensure the maintainability and quality of code
- Engage with product and technology leaders to understand and translate requirement needs into executable solutions
- Strong experience in designing and building multithreaded, distributed systems
- We rely heavily on the following tools and technologies:
- Java, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud for application development
- Kubernetes and Docker to schedule and run our services
- AWS for most of our infrastructure
- Observability Platforms for monitoring, alerting, logging and metering.
- We also have multiple physical datacenter sites to connect to various third-party systems.
- Have 7+ years of experience in Integration tools and technologies and software using Java, Spring, Kafka, workflow orchestration, decision rules, API gateway, service mesh, event driven & API based microservices.
- Have a strong interest in integration and open source technologies.
- Strong knowledge of integration architectures, best practices, tools, techniques and platforms.
- Have some previous experience in leading teams across multiple locations and vendors.
- Previous work experience in integration applications, products and platforms
- Experience working with vendor teams to deliver high quality results
- Knowledge of performance testing and application profiling (Gatling, JProfiler)
- Strong curiosity about how Disney delivers the Magic and a desire to be a part of it
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, or another technical field
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline is highly desirable
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.