Sr Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10011533 Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States / Town of Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Sep. 21, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
The individual in this position will join the Engineering Services Infrastructure Lifecycle & Availability team in an exciting, fast paced environment, building scalable, modern enterprise applications. Senior Software Engineers are expected to partner with our team and adjacent teams to identify areas for operational efficiency and automate those systems.
The Lifecycle & Availability team is looking for a candidate who can assist us in taking our Lifecycle Management systems to the next level by creating a next generation Lifecycle Management tool.
We’re looking for a passionate, impactful, technical team member who wants to do their very best work and make their mark, add their chapter to the long and storied history of The Walt Disney Company. Someone who holds themselves and their teammates accountable in a professional, collaborative manner. A collaborative technologist who seeks to bring the best out in themselves and those around them. Someone who can provide a fresh perspective and innovative insight to our initiatives.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
- Build high-performance, stable, scalable systems to be deployed in an enterprise setting
- Work closely with operations teams cross-organizationally to identify operational pain points and maximize efficiency, eliminate repetitive, manual work and enhance overall operational maturity
- Lead high-level architecture discussions and planning sessions
- Analyze and optimize application code for efficiency, reliability and performance
- Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Participate in a code review process
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Document systems and services within their responsibility
- Provide mentoring and advice for other engineers
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
- B.A. or B.S. in computer science, information technology, or relevant experience.
- 5+ or more years of experience in software engineering
- Experience working in Agile software development
- Advanced understanding of C#/VB.NET or Python
- Proficient in PowerShell, bash, or other scripting languages
- Proficient in writing SQL queries and generating SQL based reports
- Experience working with and developing APIs
- A basic understanding of HTTP and REST-style web services
- Experience working with and automating Active Directory, DNS, Users and Computers
- Experience with Windows operating system administration, including client and server
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; can effectively articulate complex ideas and influence others through well-reasoned explanations
- M.S. in computer science, information technology, or relevant experience.
- Experience building HTTP and REST-style web services
- Expert in PowerShell, bash, or other scripting languages
- Experience working with Linux operating systems
- Experience working with Perl scripting
- Experience using orchestration tools (e.g., Rundeck, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience using configuration management tools and CMDBs
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.