Sr Systems Administrator
Bristol, CT - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 669775BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jun. 01, 2019
Job Summary:ESPN was founded by Bill Rasmussen and launched on September 7, 1979. Now with over 6,500 employees, each year ESPN televises more than 5,100 live and/or original hours of sports programming. The company’s mission is to serve sports fans. Anytime. Anywhere.
The individual in this position will join the Media Engineering Production Systems and Services team in an exciting, fast paced environment, designing and implementing Linux and cloud based systems through a variety of technologies. This individual will be on a team that provides private and public cloud self-service tools, platforms, and Linux technical expertise. The individual will operate between infrastructure and applications on both physical and virtual systems, using automated, reproducible, secure and current solutions.
- Automate builds of cloud based systems for a variety of applications.
- Working with internal and external virtualization layer to deliver instances to application development teams.
- Consulting application development teams on OS and platform level solutions.
- Working with infrastructure teams to provide elastic and self-healing environments.
- Working in a fast paced media driven environment.
- Deliver cloud native infrastructure solutions for a wide range of applications.
- Working with system critical applications that deliver media to air
- Collaborating with the team to design and develop platform solutions
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in IT, or similar industries.
- Advanced knowledge of Linux Systems.
- Strong knowledge in cloud native infrastructure concepts.
- 5 years public/private/hybrid cloud management services experience.
- AWS experience with orchestrating instances, networking and applications.
- Virtualization administration experience.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef and/or an equivalent product.
- Experience in scripting using Python, Ruby, Bash or equivalent.
- Experience with Docker container hosts.
- Knowledge of continuous integration and continuous delivery concepts and tools.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to creatively accomplish aggressive project goals when necessary
- Possesses strong analytical and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: Ability to communicate effectively with end-users, business owners, developers, managers and systems engineers
- Ability to document and present information to management in a clear and concise format
- Kubernetes container orchestration knowledge.
- DNS/NIS knowledge.
- Basic networking knowledge and experience.
- Monitoring and log aggregation tools knowledge like New Relic and Splunk
- Project Management experience: Demonstrated collaboration skills, working with teams and end-users; driving teams and objectives in an Agile environment.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver detailed technical documentation.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment and developing flexible solutions to meet evolving business requirements.
- Strong commitment to customer service and service enablement.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work requirements aligned with senior leadership direction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent job experience.
Additional Information:Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.