Staff Software QA Analyst
Bristol, CT - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 731292BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 18/12/2019
Job Summary:Working at The Walt Disney Company inside DTCI-Technology is unlike anything else. That’s because we are always finding new ways to interact with guests/fans that are passionate about all platforms we support. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
This individual will serve as a Staff QA Analyst on the Productivity Engineering team and will be responsible for driving productivity to deliver services, tools and processes that help us operate efficiently and ship high-quality products. The individual who fills this role will facilitate the development and delivery of highly reliable and scalable applications that help Disney Advertising Sales maximize the value of our advertising inventory, deliver operational efficiencies and add value for our clients.
Utilizing a Productivity Engineering approach, this individual will support the tools, frameworks and services needed to make our engineers more productive, with a primary focus on test automation. This person has at least eight years of experience in a structured software/testing environment, will be self-managed and driven, must be a team player with strong communication skills and meet the minimum technical requirements identified below.
In order to maintain high quality while keeping pace with the ever-increasing development throughput, expanding our testing capacity and automation is critical to our ability to keep up with demands. This person will be responsible for testing critical functionality and working with management and software engineers to identify appropriate test strategies. He or she will adhere to best practices and continually improve process to reduce manual testing efforts and overall time-to-delivery while maintaining high-quality standards. This role will also be important for preparing our organization for an expected increase in demand to globalize our systems as we continue to identify synergistic opportunities with newly acquired/merged Advertising Sales responsibilities around the globe.
- Technically leads the design and implementation of QA test strategies and protocols within a QA team for testing of software releases
- Ensures the full application of all relevant QA standards to validate application functionality
- Works with QA Management to support the SDLC with right-sized processes & procedures
- Establishes and improves best practices in software testing by working with QA team, project managers, BAs, Management and engineers.
- Technically leads the effort in ensuring that assigned projects adhere to agreed-upon functional specification and applicable QA standards
- Documents, tracks and verifies defects and fixes in assigned applications
- Develops, documents and implements QA standards.
- Mentors QA team members with internal technical training as applicable to QA testing technologies and/or relevant technical disciplines
- Regularly reviews and interprets QA results from a department level overview.
- Provides technical direction to team resources for specific project testing initiatives
- Participates in or may lead the design & development of automation test scripts using automation tools
- Provides technical input for making decisions to release applications under development to production
- Uses ingenuity in applying advanced analytical techniques and organizational skills to identifying and evaluating complex alternatives and to developing recommended approaches to resolving complex quality assurance issues with ongoing process improvement
- May lead the interpretation of complex QA issues and problems for technical and non-technical personnel.
- Interprets aspects of QA findings and protocols for key business stakeholders and Technology Management.
- Communicates more complex information to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Participates in industry QA groups, evaluates issues from QA groups as they pertain to ESPN, and strategizes and helps design potential courses of action or process changes
- Typically communicates with both internal and external contacts at a variety of organizational levels up to Sr. Technology Management
- 7+ years of experience in a structured software environment with direct software testing – or – 4 years of experience in a structured software environment with direct software testing and a degree in a computer/software related field
- Expertise in using various software testing tools and methodologies with special expertise in UI automation
- Strong API and automation testing experience
- Advanced experience testing systems developed with enterprise integration technologies such as JMS, Web Services, and RESTful Services, and Enterprise Service Bus (e.g. Kafka)
- Strong to advanced SQL skills
- Strong knowledge and experience with programming language(s), databases, and new technology stacks and how these relate to software testing
- Strong knowledge of trends, technology advances, new products, and best practices relevant to QA methodologies & test tools
- Ability to lead/influence positive change and results in all areas of software testing amongst a talented team of analysts
- Understands complex systems and requirements and formulates optimal test strategies to meet current and future needs that align with DTCI
- Thorough understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle process and the role of QA within the SDLC
- Ability to present and mentor to all levels of team members and most levels of management
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Very strong self-management and leadership skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Fast learner and interest to master different technologies
- At least 12+ years of experience in a structured software/testing environment with a minimum of 4 years direct test tool experience or application development – or – at least 8+ years of experience in a structured software/testing environment with a minimum of 4 years direct test tool experience or application development and a degree in a computer/software related field
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
Additional Information:Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you will have the opportunity to join a team that is beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Direct-to-Consumer and International, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.