Supervisor, DTCI Support Center, Media Engineering & OperationsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 633562BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Mar. 01, 2019
Working at The Walt Disney Company inside DTCI-Technology is unlike anything else. That’s because we are always finding new ways to interact with guests/fans that are passionate about all platforms we support. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
DTCI-Technology operates a high volume and fast-paced environment where it relies on a Support Center to provide tier 1 support for all programming contribution and distribution for the Wald Disney Company.
The role supervises follow up activity to all critical incidents and provides on going strategic input on how to improve these services. This individual also supervises and leads the dispatch, communication, resolution and documentation process. Audits external systems for alarm conditions, establishes alarming policy, and produces reports on compliance. Acts as Support Center room supervisor in critical situations (when Level 3 is not available) and coordinates with staff as required.
The supervisor role develops a strategy around DTCI Technology Service-Now and service communications. Supervises those working in these environments and ensures procedures around tracking and reporting issues while working closely with the ME&O team to create new policies as needed.
- Follow up activity to all critical incidents and provides on going strategic input on how to improve these services.
- Supervise and lead the dispatch, communication, resolution and documentation process for all reported technical issues.
- Audits external systems for alarm conditions, establishes alarming policy, and produces reports on compliance.
- Supervises those working in Service Now environments and ensures procedures around tracking and reporting issues while working closely with the Media Engineering & Operations team to create new policies as needed. Audits success and creates reports. Implements improvements to the system as direct by Media Engineering & Operation staff.
- Conducts training session to improve level 1 troubleshooting skills and communications with the team. Works with Media Engineering & Operation team to review internal documentation for accuracy and creates new strategy documents for approval.
- Analyzes Incident data to spot trends and locate efficiencies and improvements in the ticketing processes. Creates and evaluates policy changes around those improvements.
- Approves change notifications. Works to improve the change management process across technology to keep all staff informed of change procedures.
- Schedules teams following existing guidelines and communicating changes with Media Engineering & Operation staff.
- Communicates complex technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Executes the continuous process of technical documentation creation and upkeep in systems such as confluence and works with services, leads, and systems teams to update and approve changes and additions.
- Communicates with both internal and external contacts at a variety of organizational levels to diagnose and resolve complex problems.
- 4+ years of experience in media production, transmission/distribution, IT or related fields.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a customer/communications intensive support role. Preferably in a technical environment. Ideally in broadcasting.
- Has professional level communication skills and the ability to speak and write professionally and to work with all user skill levels with respect. Can effectively and quickly communicate in writing using email, messaging applications, and other critical communication tools.
- The ability to remain calm under stressful situations, follow SOPs, and make/execute decisions.
- Has trouble-shooting skills and a proven record of accomplishment learning new technology.
- Has exceptional organizational skills and excellent follow-through on assigned tasks
- Demonstrated level of knowledge related to network and computing technologies, systems management and administration.
- Experienced in the analysis of technical incidents.
- Demonstrated skills in both teamwork and motivation
- Basic to intermediate computer certification(s) or ITIL Certification
- Experience/Understanding of ESPN production technologies.
- Associate's Degree and or comparable military/civilian work experience in an appropriate technical area or a minimum of 4 years of experience in a media/broadcast environment as described above.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Leadership Coursework
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.