Supervisor, DTCI Technology Support Center, Media Engineering & Operat
Bristol, CT - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 702477BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 10/09/2019
DTCI-Technology operates a high volume and fast-paced environment where it relies on a Support Center to provide tier 1 support for all programming contribution and distribution for The Walt Disney Company.
The role sets the overall objectives and resources available. Supervisor and employee, engage in infrequent consultation, develop deadlines, projects, and work to be done. The employee plans and carries out the assignment, resolves most of the conflicts, coordinates work with others and interprets policy on own initiative. The employee keeps the supervisor informed of progress, potentially controversial matters, or far-reaching implications. Assignments are made in terms of broad practice, precedents, policies, and goals. Work may be reviewed for fulfillment of program objectives and conformance with departmental policy and practice
The successful candidate must have superior communication skills and IT framework as well as general knowledge and experience specific to broadcast operation and support of video/audio/data processing, transmission and IP based systems
- Supervises and carries out communication and resolution activities. Audits external systems for alarm conditions, establishes alarming policy, and produces reports on compliance. Acts as Support Center room supervisor in critical situations (when Level 3 is not available) and coordinates with management as required.
- Creates a strategy and executes and oversees it with the lead team around the execution of the maintenance program.
- Audits the procedures around tracking and reporting issues. Audits reports. Suggests improvements to the system to Media Engineering & Operation Management.
- Develops a strategy around Service-Now and service communications. Supervises those working in these environments and ensures procedures around tracking and reporting issues while working closely with the management team to create new policies as needed. Audits success and creates reports. Implements improvements to the system as direct by Media Engineering & Operation Management.
- Conducts training session to improve level 1 troubleshooting skills and communications with the logistics teams. Works with the management team to review internal logistics documentation for accuracy and creates new strategy documents for approval.
- Analyzes Incident data to spot trends and locate efficiencies and improvements in the ticketing processes. Creates and evaluates policy changes around those improvements.
- Collaborates and evaluates Media Engineering & Operation Logistics success with a problem management process working with leaders across Media Engineering & Operation to create a process that makes us more proactive and less reactive
- Approves change notifications. Works to improve the change management process across technology to better keep the production units informed of change procedures. Provides suggestions to management
- Schedules all or part of teams as directed by management following existing guidelines and communicating changes with Media Engineering & Operation leadership.
- Is accountable and audits all RMA and purchasing processes including notification and data entry. Creates new RMA policies and communicates those changes within the department and across department lines.
- Implements the inventory control process with management to keep the inventory up to date. Audits our internal processes for compliance and produces reports on compliance. Implements changes to our long-term inventory strategy.
- Communicates complex technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Executes the continuous process of technical documentation creation and upkeep in systems such as confluence and works with services, leads, and systems teams to update and approve changes and additions.
- Communicates with both internal and external contacts at a variety of organizational levels to diagnose and resolve complex problems.
- Participates and provides feedback on a communications strategy for internal (within DTCI) and external (with the rest of the company) communication including which tools are used and the expectations around communication. Provides feedback when communication issues arise to help resolve them and put practices in place to make them less likely to occur in the future. Patriates in the tools plan for communication as directed.
- 4+ years of experience in television broadcast, transmission, IT or related fields.
- Fixed 4 Day shift
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a customer/communications intensive support role. Preferably in a technical environment. Ideally in broadcasting.
- Has professional level communication skills and the ability to speak and write professionally and to work with all user skill levels with respect. Can effectively communicate in writing using email, messaging applications, and other critical communication tools.
- The ability to remain calm under stressful situations and to make and execute decisions.
- Has trouble-shooting skills and a proven track record of learning new technology.
- Has exceptional organizational skills and excellent follow-through on assigned tasks
- Has demonstrated knowledge related to PCR, MCR, ACR, studio, digital, audio, and other broadcast-type facilities and their operational use and basic maintenance.
- Has demonstrated level of knowledge related to network and computing technologies, systems management and administration.
- Experienced in the analysis of incidents.
- Report writing and analytical skills related to the core objectives of the team.
- Has exceptional level of knowledge related to PCR, MCR, ACR, studio, digital, audio, and other broadcast type facilities and their operational use and maintenance.
- Basic to intermediate computer certification(s) or ITIL Certification
- Experience/Understanding of ESPN production technologies.
- Associates degree and or comparable military/civilian work experience in an appropriate technical area or a minimum of 4 years of experience in a media/broadcast environment as described above.
- Bachelor's degree
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.