Supervisor, SecurityApply NowApply Later Job ID 864760BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN and Sports Content Date posted Oct. 08, 2021
- Set goals and effectively coach to develop staff skills and influence behaviors.
- Ensure staff is fully informed of updates and information on the company, procedures and the team.
- Observe and assess performance and provide feedback to security staff.
- Lead team effectiveness by managing interpersonal and team dynamics.
- Effectively assess employee conduct and behavior and recommend disciplinary actions as appropriate. Fairly deliver discipline to ensure successful results.
- Perform employee performance reviews in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Conduct related training /drills.
- Conduct security staff and security post inspections.
- Perform daily review of all security staff incident reports.
- Initiate snow removal / clearance procedures for ESPN properties.
- Manage daily assignments, attendance and punctuality of security staff.
- Occasionally perform other security duties. Be a role model and reinforce standards for security staff.
- Patrol company property, identify and report safety and security hazards.
- Provide leadership during all medical, fire, security, and other safety related emergencies and write comprehensive reports following established procedures.
- Develop and implement security protocol and procedure enhancements.
- Monitor fire alarm systems and respond to alarm conditions in accordance with established procedures.
- Photograph new employees / contractors and create identification cards.
- Prepare clear, concise and effective reports and other written correspondence.
- Assist in all Main Security Office functions to include security enforcement, emergency response, monitor fire and HVAC Systems, communicate with local police and fire departments, dispatch operations, and emergency notifications.
- May assist with work orders documenting requestors name, location, type of service needed.
- May Identify craft on all routine requests
- May and will oversee the creation of work orders and dispatch maintenance personnel to the correct location of requested work orders.
- Oversee the distribution and tracking of related departmental keys.
- Oversee the hand held radio channels for HVAC, Electrical, Maintenance, Construction and Safety to facilitate communication between groups.
- Lead and receive and process all requests for facilities services through phone calls or email and radio.
- Oversee the staff on the monitoring of main company external phone line and direct incoming telephone calls as appropriate.
- Minimum of three (3) years of security or law enforcement experience and at least one (1) year in a supervisory role or lead required.
- Must possess and maintain a Driver’s license valid in the state of Connecticut
- Must currently possess a valid CT Guard certification or be able to attain a valid CT Guard certification within 2 weeks of employment.
- Must pass a post-offer pre-employment background check, DMV check, and urinalysis drug screen.
- Must have the flexibility to work varying schedules (hours and days off) and work extended hours as required.
- Must have the ability to perform basic work tasks on computers, including using MS Outlook email and Word.
- Must maintain a professional presence in image and interactions at all times
- Strong people management and leadership skills including ability to manage performance coach and develop others.
- Strong judgment and decision making skills.
- Ability to guide and influence to a desired outcome.
- Demonstrated history of successfully leading a diverse team.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate directions and expectations to others. Effective at judging what and when to inform.
- Highly adaptable with the ability to work well under pressure. Maintain clear judgment and composure in stressful situations. Able to bring calm to others.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Superior writing ability and command of Basic English grammar. Ability to summarize and present key information in a situation appropriate format.
- Ability to operate company transportation, including fleet and gem cart vehicles.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- College Degree in related field.
About ESPN and Sports Content:
The ESPN and Sports Content group acquires and produces ESPN’s live sports programming, as well as sports news and original and non-scripted sports-related content, for The Walt Disney Company’s cable channels, ESPN+, and ABC.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN, Inc, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN and Sports Content.
ESPN, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.