Technical Analyst IApply NowApply Later Job ID 764330BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Aug. 12, 2020
Working at The Walt Disney Company inside DTCI-Technology is unlike anything else. That's because we are always finding new ways to interact with guests/fans that are passionate about all platforms we support. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas, and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
DTCI-Technology operates a high volume and fast-paced environment where it relies on a Support Center to provide tier 1 support for all programming contribution and distribution for The Walt Disney Company.
The DTCI Support Center is part of the Media Engineering and Operations (MEO) division of DTCI. MEO focuses on providing best-in-class technical support at tier 1, 2, and 3 levels for facilities around the globe. In addition, the Support Center provides incident ingest and tier 1 service, incident management, and critical communications for all divisions of DTCI.
- Coordinates, diagnoses, and attempts to troubleshoot incoming DTCI employee and partner support calls, tickets, and web forms which includes assigning incident/tickets for Tier 1 level support for global media production and distribution systems such as satellite or broadcast and critical business applications that support DTCI’s mission.
- Dispatch/escalate issues to Tier 2 or 3 if unable to resolve quickly by Tier 1 support.
- Monitor the progress of critical incidents and advocate for each user that calls for assistance.
- Provides communication on behalf of business leadership to departments/teams/operations impacted and provide incident command.
- Document and ensure all critical incidents are closed and provide a running timeline of technical troubleshooting up and until resolution.
- Generate various reports.
- Maintain operational protocols/procedures for business/runbooks for all systems supported as well as operate the monitoring systems for crucial processes and workflows.
- Answer calls for support, provide tier 1 support, dispatch, communicate, assist in the resolution and document the response for all reported technical issues.
- Execute various support runbooks to resolve tier 1 incidents as reported from a variety of different methods (self-service ticketing, phone, email, etc.) These runbooks span broadcast technology, IT support and software support. The majority of our runbooks are specific to The Walt Disney Company and training will be provided.
- Monitor external systems for alarm conditions, establishes alarming policy, and produces reports on compliance.
- Operate within the Service Now and Jira environments and ensure that procedures around tracking and reporting issues are being followed.
- Understands and communicates complex technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Execute the continuous process of technical documentation creation and upkeep in systems such as confluence and work with partner teams to update changes and additions.
- Communicates with both internal and external contacts at a variety of organizational levels to diagnose and resolve complex problems.
- The ability to work a Fixed 4 Day shift (may include overnight and will include weekend and holiday hours)
- 2 years of experience in IT, television systems or related field or a degree/certificate in a corresponding field.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience working in a customer/communications intensive support role. Preferably in a technical environment. Ideally in broadcasting.
- Has intermediate level communication skills and the ability to speak and write professionally. Can effectively communicate in writing quickly using email, messaging applications, and other critical communication tools.
- Has a basic level of trouble-shooting skills and a proven track record of learning new technology.
- Has intermediate organizational skills and excellent follow-through on assigned tasks
- Has a basic level of knowledge of computer technology, software and hardware systems, and a willingness to learn more about broadcast environments.
- Has a basic to intermediate level of knowledge related to network and computing technologies, systems management and administration.
- Basic ITIL theory and skills and analytical skills.
- Minimum, Trade School Certificate and or comparable military/civilian work experience in an appropriate technical area.
- Has a basic level of knowledge related to PCR, MCR, ACR, studio, digital, audio, and other broadcast type facilities and their operational use and maintenance.
- Basic computer certification(s)
- Associates degree and or comparable military/civilian work experience in an appropriate technical area or a minimum of 4 years of experience in a media/broadcast environment as described above
- Bachelor’s degree
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.