Technical Operations Analyst IApply Now Apply Later Job ID 636122BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Feb. 07, 2019
Job Summary:The Distribution Engineering and Operations group is seeking a Technical Operations Analyst I to join our team. As an Analyst I, you will work in a “hands on” capacity in our fast-paced live and on-demand streaming operation. Your role will include coordination and communication all aspects of the acquisition, contribution, and distribution of live events on WatchESPN/ESPN3 and its International versions across mobile apps, web browsers, gaming consoles, and connected devices. You will collect and manage live event telemetry data, allocate resources and manage the health of the video streaming process. You will perform routine quality assurance checks on live streams and diagnose and resolve technical issues as they arise. You will be challenged to leverage your technical skills to solve diverse problems. You do get to work with an extremely talented team of engineers in a dynamic environment. This role will have a rotating schedule including nights and weekends.
- Operational role
- Compile and maintain the live event streaming schedule for ESPN International
- Participate in the day-to-day operational workflow for Live event streaming
- Execute defined processes to validate the quality and availability of live content streams
- Provide Tier I/II support, responding to escalations from Affiliates, Vendors and internal teams
- Collect and analyze player and distribution system performance data, identify areas for improvement and provide recommendations for action
- Evaluates and diagnose problems based on threshold based programmatic monitoring and alarming
- Responds based upon documented standard operating procedures
- Troubleshoot basic fan facing issues
- Builds professional interdepartmental contacts critical to the operation
- Builds understanding of personnel development, technical resource services and systems integration as they relate to Technology.
- Works with Engineering Technologists to keep the team apprised of all technical modifications and problems, and follows up on reported isolated or systemic issues.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in the realm of encoding and/or transcoding baseband video to multiple digital formats
- Working knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, etc.)
- Conceptual understanding of content distribution networks
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related area of study; or equivalent work experience
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN, Inc, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
ESPN, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.