Technical Program Manager – Software EngineeringApply NowApply Later Job ID 855717BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Sep. 15, 2021
Within the Business Operations organization the Technical Program Manager is responsible for managing small through large-scale, complex projects in the Software Engineering area from initiation through closure. These initiatives will involve daily hands on management of technology activities utilizing Agile and Scrum based software development practices; and may include working with other technical teams to effectively deliver business solutions. This role requires a wide range of leadership competencies, technical (PM) experience and communications skills. Responsible for managing projects using DMED processes, tools and methodologies, which includes the development of the scope of work and the management of time, cost, risk, and communications.
- Manage all aspects of software development projects from Initiation through Closure.
- Plan, coordinate and direct all activities associated with creating and maintaining project plans, communication plans, risks/issues, etc. leveraging best practices defined by the Performance & Operations team
- Leverage experience with Agile and SCRUM methodologies to lead project teams on a daily basis to the successful delivery of software development projects
- Responsible for managing team dynamics, morale and motivation while building a culture where all members and points of view are respected
- Accountable for delivering ‘quality’ solutions that provide desired business benefits and/or solve business problems - ‘on-time’ & within budget
- Lead Project Teams through the identification and management of risks and the resolution of issues, escalating to management as appropriate
- Able to quickly solve complex problems in a challenging, dynamic environment with minimal direction
- Provide frequent and transparent communication to the business and technical senior management, project teams and stakeholders regarding project health, issues & risks
- Effectively communicates complex and/or difficult information to both technical and non-technical audiences, including Executives
- Ability to influence key decision-makers / stakeholders towards new business processes and technical solutions that best serve DTCI & the Walt Disney company
- Facilitator – must be able to:
- Facilitate the project team through the resolution of complex issues
- Ensure group participation
- Drive workshop/meeting to conclusion and/or actionable outcome
- Develop and deliver outcomes/results/notes in a manor appropriate to the level of the group
- 5+ years of experience managing formal application software development projects.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies developing software applications, playing the role of scrum master effectively.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
- PMI Certification preferred with thorough understanding of Project Management Methodologies & Techniques
- CSM / CSP Certification preferred with thorough understanding of Scrum Agile Methodologies
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.