Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Technology Sourcing/Supply Chain Intern (CT), Corporate - Fall 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 617963BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Dec. 04, 2018
Job Summary:Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you’ve learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. When your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
Enable Technology business objectives and drive enterprise value by employing Sourcing processes to identify the best technical solution for the best value and terms
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life…
This position will support specific sourcing initiatives to help the Sourcing team achieve goals regarding strategic sourcing, supply chain, and value proposition
- Evaluate total cost/supply analyses to identify opportunities to reduce Total Cost Ownership
- Develop, track, and report savings, spending compliance and variances: communicate findings with Sourcing team
- Assist sourcing and operational negotiations as needed
Basic Qualifications:What we are looking for…
- Provide analytical support for sourcing activities, outstanding communication skills, and proficient in Excel
- Provide support in the development of analytic data reporting, trend analysis, and process improvement
- Provide support in the migration of existing data, processes, and tools to more efficient data warehouses, processes and next generation tools
- Proficiency with MS Office, mainly advanced Excel functions including pivot tables, charts, formulas and macros
Preferred Qualifications:(Preferred Qualifications)
- Develop and apply standardized and rigorous approach to process improvements related to sourcing such as:
- Project intake processes
- Parallel work stream methodologies
- Real time/near real time reporting capabilities
- Currently enrolled in an accredited graduate program at a university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited graduate program at a university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Supply Chain Management, Technology, Business, Data Analytics, or Finance degree or related
- GPA of 3.5 and above
- Bachelor’s degree
- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2019 through early January 2020
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours, approximately 40 per week, for the duration of the internship
- Must be able to provide own housing and transportation in the Bristol, CT area
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Please note strong candidates will be contacted and asked to submit a writing sample. Instructions will be provided at that time.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.