Transmission Internship, Summer 2024Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10064185 Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States / Town of Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology Date posted Nov. 20, 2023
The Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology (DE&ET) organization plays a central role in the future growth of The Walt Disney Company.
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
The DE&ET Transmission Team is a part of the Content Operations pillar and works within the Technical Service team. This team is made of Network Origination (MCR/Network Coordinators) and Media Operations (Media capture and archiving) along with several teams that support ESPN+ and HULU Live within the Disney Stream space.
The Transmission Team supports the 24/7 monitoring and operational sustainment for linear and Digital distribution of ESPN, ABC, and The Walt Disney Company Cable Networks, which include Free For, Disney Channels, FX, and National Geographic offerings.
What You Will Do
As a member of our 24/7, highly skilled, Bristol Transmission Team, you can expect to work with groundbreaking technology and be responsible for The Walt Disney Company's most valuable sports content supporting our linear and digital networks. If you are looking for an operational tempo in which you will be challenged every day to work at high-level, and high-profile events the Bristol Transmission Team is the right place to showcase your talents, experience, and expertise!
The intern will be responsible for the acquisition, conditioning, and delivery of content that airs across linear and digital platforms in support of ESPN and ABC live sports and entertainment productions. Throughout this internship, you will have the opportunity to focus on content acquisition and network distribution and the technology and workflows associated with the support of digital and linear offerings. This will be a hands-on experience in which this individual will receive the same training as an entry-level employee.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency in data analysis and analytical thinking.
- Strong ability to multi-task and context-switch with ease in a fast-paced, and ever-evolving organization.
- Process-driven and very detail-oriented.
- Basic understanding of broadcast standards or digital streaming technologies.
- Must possess a curiosity for innovative technology and how to use it in a live environment.
- Former internship or hands-on “live” experience at the college level
- Experience as a network/streaming partner
- Basic Internet Protocol/Networking fundamentals
Currently, enrolled undergraduate student in an accredited college/university, pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Broadcasting, Mass Communications, Engineering, or a related field.
Eligibility Requirements & Program Information
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program AND returning to school the semester/quarter following the internship OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization.
- All interns are required to provide their own housing and transportation during the internship
- Recommendation: Save a copy of this internship role description to reference throughout the interview process
About Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology:
Disney Entertainment and ESPN Technology (DE&E Technology) provides the technological backbone and product development for Disney’s two media business units, while helping to keep the company at the vanguard of innovation – enabling the Company to continuously leverage technology to enhance storytelling and creativity, while delivering scalability, flexibility, and efficiency for its businesses.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.