Transmission Specialist IIApply NowApply Later Job ID 10024187 Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States / Town of Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Sep. 20, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
The Transmission Specialist is a public representative of the Transmission department and of DMED - Technology through routine communication and coordination with other departments and with outside service providers and affiliates. Performance must be accurate, timely, and with a professional demeanor befitting this role. The Transmission Specialists are responsible for incoming and outgoing content, transmission and monitoring of all networks (ESPN, ABC, Disney Nets, National Geographic Nets, Disney FX Nets, & Business Continuity), including content delivery to our streaming partners for ESPN Plus / STAR Plus (Disney Streaming) and ESPN 3 (Edgio). The TX Specialists acquire content material required daily either via satellite, fiber, or IP (Internet Protocol) / Bonded Cellular and conduct extensive quality control and adjustments as required before the material is released to multiple content hubs.
Click the Link Below to Meet the Team!:
- Fulfills all the responsibilities of the Transmission Specialist I.
- Interacts with internal departments and outside service providers to plan for large scale or seasonal events.
- Responsible for follow-up and resolution of specific daily operational problems, working closely with other DMED / ESPN departments and third-party venders. Recommends corrective actions where appropriate.
- Demonstrates detailed knowledge of specific workflows for identifying and resolving operational challenges and equipment failure.
- Demonstrates a sound understanding of signal measurement and procedures.
- Some development of procedural and software workflow
- Conducts advanced levels of quality control and corrective action to enhance product.
- Expected to fully comprehend applicable SOPs and subsequent workflows for assigned areas
- Has sustained a sound working knowledge and operational functionality of the applicable automation systems that support our Evertz IRM Operating system.
- Expected to file reports as necessary.
- Training and mentoring of operational peers and assist with company cross-training efforts.
- Periodically attends industry specific training or summits.
- Assists managers in creating training materials for the department.
- Understanding of our streaming technology and workflow, communicates well with partnership in Content Operations, DS & Edgecast.
- Participates in inter-departmental meetings involving issues affecting Transmission department. Provides guidance and recommendations to enhance coordination between these groups and Transmission.
- Responsible for or assists with special projects as assigned by department management or Transmission Leads.
- Serves as technical liaison when transmission experiences signal loss issues.
- These roles may consist of multiple disciplines of operational proficiency and assignments, which may include traditional transmission, Conditional Access & IP / Bonded Cellular technology.
- Has a sound understanding of plant communications systems.
- Completes administrative functions such as time entry and expense filing.
- Embraces next-gen technology and workflows.
- Continually develop knowledge and operational skills to enhance daily contributions within your role.
- Has 3-5 years of experience in television broadcast, military, or related field.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Organizational, multi-tasking and communication and customer service skills.
- Must have good computer skills in Microsoft office applications.
- Ability to work in a 24/7 operation including weekends and holidays
Has knowledge of at least 3-5 of the following workflows:
- Has fundamental knowledge of digital distribution equipment used in audio and video satellite up linked and down linked television broadcast transmission
- Has fundamental knowledge of MPEG-2, MPEG4 & HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding) digital compression systems
- Has fundamental knowledge of encryption systems used for front-haul and back-haul transmission applications
- Has knowledge of network manipulation workflows (Conditional Access) which includes but is not limited to blackouts, market protects and regionalization.
- Has basic knowledge of RF related test equipment.
- Has knowledge of IP based transport (HLS, RTMP, SRT (Secure Reliable Transport), unicast, multicast, etc.).
- Has knowledge of Bonded-Cellular technology.
- Understanding of Transmissions responsibilities with our Digital Streaming Partners.
- Experience in the realm of encoding and/or transcoding baseband video to multiple digital formats
- Knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, etc.)
- Working knowledge of content distribution networks.
- Help desk/call center service experience
- College technical degree, military experience or equivalent practical experience preferred.
- Has some understanding of the Bristol based broadcast or streaming workflows.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.