Bristol, CT - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 598191BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 03/10/2018
- Contribute to the UI design for digital products through a unified design process.
- Focus on web and native interfaces and interaction patterns across multiple platforms and breakpoints (e.g. web, iOS, Android, etc.).
- Participate in product design brainstorms alongside design and product team partners.
- Help architect intuitive interaction and user-centered workflows that drive efficient engagement.
- Clearly communicate design decisions and process with clear rationale.
- Solicit feedback from design leadership and design team members to ensure quality.
- Partner with Product Managers and Engineers to help drive UI design quality from conception to release.
- Partner with User Experience to utilize research, testing, and analysis of user data to inform design decisions.
- Assists in maintaining the integrity of the ESPN brand identity and its usage.
- 2+ years of user interface design experience for digital products.
- Familiarity with design patterns, user experience guidelines and best practices for native and web platform product experiences.
- Ability to produce comprehensive user interface and interaction specification documentation and assets.
- A strong digital portfolio.
- Proficient with Sketch from Bohemian Coding, or Adobe Creative Cloud/Suite tools, especially Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Basic understanding of native and web product development process.
- Working knowledge of responsive design and auto-layout.
- A lightweight prototyping ability, and working knowledge related process and tools.
- Deep curiosity around current products, trends, software, platforms and hardware.
- Understanding of the ESPN brand, and a passion for sports as a fan and as a business.
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor's Degree in a design or digital media related discipline.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.