VP, DesignApply NowApply Later Job ID 939830BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States / Los Angeles, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 11, 2022
Partnering with digital product and engineering teams and stakeholders across the company, they design solutions that will win in the marketplace and the workplace. This opportunity is uniquely positioned to make an immediate impact on the next generation of Disney’s consumer and internal experiences spanning across many brands including ESPN, Marvel, ABC, FX and National Geographic.
This role expands on their user experience and visual design capabilities to support communications and reporting activities across the organization, providing hands-on leadership for the ideation, creative concept development and execution of strategic initiatives. This includes prototyping, advising, and execution of creative strategies for enhancing the experiences for our customers, products, partners, and cast members; partnering with senior Technology leadership to strategize, visualize, and accelerate key priorities; Collaborate with multiple teams to create, socialize and maintain Technology look and voice; and support the production of events and experiences for DMED Technology.
This role leads the development and extension of Prism – the unified design framework – with the primary goal of ensuring design consistency across the DMED product portfolio and enhance the overall user experience. Prism allows for the ability for each product to express its brand identities while unlocking consistency and collaboration across our product portfolio through core components including design tools, functional code systems, documentation and brand guidelines.
The VP, Design will set the vision and organizational structure of Design and User Experience is group. This leader will have a strong senior presence and the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders. The successful candidate must foster a can-do culture and align resources, priorities, and processes for success.
- Manages over 100 visual design, user experience, enterprise tools and communications resources
- Leads the strategy and roadmap for the DMED Technology unified design framework, ensuring consistent and world-class capabilities across our product portfolio
- Drive overall design philosophy and best-in-class design systems that lead to great consumer products
- Manages a world class portfolio of components include design tools, functional code systems, documentation and brand Guidelines
- Drives communications and reporting activities across the organization, providing hands-on leadership for the ideation, creative concept development and execution of strategic initiatives in partnership with executive leadership
- Utilize effective leadership practices to attract and retain top talent at all levels and develop a world-class Design and User Experience organization
- Provides leadership to Design and User Experience – continue growing and developing the organization with strong talent to meet the demands of the business, prioritize goals, provide guidance and development for the team, and create cohesive working relationships company-wide
- Fosters Diversity & Inclusion in hiring practices and daily culture, operations and delivery
- 10+ years of experience, including leading visual design and user experience resources
- BS or BA Degree
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining successful, influential working relationships at all levels of an organization
- Strong communication and executive presence with exceptional storytelling and influencing skills
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Pioneering, innovative thinker with the ability to anticipate and lead capabilities that will enable Disney’s growth amidst rapid change
- Ability to motivate and collaborate in a highly matrixed environment
- A leader able to develops excellent working relationships, gain respect and trust, and is skilled at developing people
- Ability to channel different points of view; establish and maintain excellent relationships and credibility quickly; create a team atmosphere while achieving key objectives
- Experience with management of remote work groups
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.